Sundown Audio

My Kenwood Amp Gets Hot =/

Jeep03

exactly. I wish i found that amp before i bought this junk. I payed $141 on amazon.... wow this is iike $20 more and you get almost 2x the wattage.. grrr. well yea i know its fcking funny how at 4ohm i can go all out all day with no problems just the heating and then i go to 2ohm bridged and 10 seconds later it just goes poof. lol I had this amp for about 1week and a half and i pushed it everytime. Even left it on for 1hr straight at My old job "TacoBell" While we just chilled thier and Bs about our systems lol. Well now thier going to enjoy the 1800 :) Its going to be a suprise and keeping it on the down low ;) Thanks guys you all have been much of help but i will check it out tomorrow when i have time and again i work -______-... wow.. I only have mondays off so yea.. 35 hrs per week and im in Highschool still.. give me a break ffs. But i shouldn't be complaing at the moment. These hours are paying for my new amp xD. Woot Woot. And possible my 1/0 wire. Think i can still run the 1800 on a 4gauge for a while?

I tried to warn you about the bridging at 2 ohms lol. A friend ruined a nice infinity amp of mine doing that. I just had another friend bridge an Earthquake 2000 2 channel I sold him to 1 ohm just the other day. It didn't last long either.

The 1800 will be fine with that wire. I ran mine of 4 gauge and stock electrical for quite awhile. You will be using at best 900 watts and 4 gauge will work for that. let me know how it goes when you get it. It might surprise you. I won a few local contests with mine in the 0-1000 class. Actually scored a 142.1 termlab at a usaci event. With a couple light and efficient subs you will pound pretty well I think.

This is exactly how I started. Next you will jump up to a 2400 watt amp and that won't be enough and be shopping for something else just like I am now :)

hey in your pic of the wire going into your speaker input,it looks like a strand of wire is touching the other wire lmao..or is about to anways

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

Ok good news guys. It was only the fuse. But i have some bad news. ITs a 40 a fuse.. went to Autozone. They only had 1 40a fuse. Bought and rechecked my wireing. Everything was fine. As i put the fuse in a little spark came in contact of it.. No biggie it didnt pop.. tryed it again and no sparks. Put it in turned on my car and amp turned on. As well as my 2 12's. everything was working.. On my radio i had it under the "Hip Hop" option as i didnt have my subs so my current settings didnt go well with stock speakers so i moved it to that option. when i went back to the "User" option with all my settings.. As soon i clicked it and that first hit came out of my subs amp went out.. and fuse popped again.. This al happened in like 1min. Coincidence? i dont know.. If thiers to much bass do fuses pop? i know my wireing is ok.. or maybe it just cant take it in Bridge mode.. i cant really test now.. as i have only 30a fuses but will those work and hold up on my amp?

Archived