Sundown Audio

My Kenwood Amp Gets Hot =/

Jeep03

Alright, well hi guys im new to the forums but i have been wathing Steve on youtube for a while. But just barley found out about this site 2 days ago. Well Currently i have 2 12" Kenwoods powered by a KAC-7204 1000 Watt Amp. Running on 4Gauge wire(It says 2 gauge but i know its 4gauge -_- got ripped off) any way and it has a nice ported box powered by a JVC radio. Yea i know.. JVC... aswell as a 2 Farad Capacitor, well my system kicks.. and hard. I have videos on youtube and i will post them at the end of this topic. But my problem is my amp gets really hot.. Like hot like if i put a piece of plastic on it it will eventually melt with in a minute... i know its bad and this AMP does have 2 little fans on it aswell as the Protector. (Says so in the manual....) Well yea im just afraid of it going out on me and just wondering how to get it coooler...

My setting on my amp are 5 in DB and 200 FHZ or w/e and like 1.3 in that little boost thing. and it goes to 2.0. Im thinking about toneing it down for a bit but i really dont want to but if i have too i will :/. Im from South Texas and this heat doesnt really help.. -_-. But yea and ideas guys? Thanks and good job Steve. :clapping:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

its the amp, and its all down hill from that, soon it will start shutting off after under a minute of play time, and keep doing that till your not able to play it for 30 seconds and you smash it with a hammer

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

its the amp, and its all down hill from that, soon it will start shutting off after under a minute of play time, and keep doing that till your not able to play it for 30 seconds and you smash it with a hammer

lol...that's funny, I actually did smash mine with a hammer, and when that didn't satisfy me I shot it with my .45 :)

sell it and buy a DAT 1000.1 :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

1st off, welcome. Secondly, this sounds like it could be an electrical problem... like you should run bigger wire, do the big 3 to help power flow, then see if it still get really hot. ntm, your amp may be getting really hot b/c its really hot where you live. try testing it at night when it cools down, and make sure that the amp is cool when you touch it... then play it for alil and see what happens

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

i doubt its an electrical thing its the amp itself, i had 1 that did that, took it back cause i thought it was a problem, got the replacement...same thing did that then went down hill, and i ran the same size wire to that, that i did to my stetsom for many months and the stetsom never got hot

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

My ears are bleeding. try pouring cold Gatorade on it! lol... but looks like your amp is coming to its slow death

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

the model I had actually got recalled for cathing on fire :shok:

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

wow fast replys guys thanks. Well The kenwoods are not duel voice coil. I was thinking about the Big 3 but i dont know if it will work with my 4 gauge wire? i donno.. I guess ill tone it down Ill have to put a pic up on how my settings are on it and tell me the recommended settings yall think.. but yea it still gets hot at night.. just got home from work and touched it after i turned off the jeep and yea still hot.. so ima have to tone it down because it wasnt gettting this hot before.. Oh yea.. I notice the left side of the amp is ALOT hotter than the right side and the left fan is working too.. Any ideas why?

Archived