My New Oscope Edit! Its Here! Pics Inside!

so how do you calibrate it first?

The manual should show you where to hook your scope probe leads onto the oscope.

You then use a mini flat head screw driver to calibrate your probe. The manual will show you where it's located on your probe. You twist and turn until you get a nice square wave.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

How does the scope in this thread compare to meade's?

Posted Image

?

n/m.

I think the scope in this thread is better than meade's.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

How does the scope in this thread compare to meade's?

Posted Image

?

n/m.

I think the scope in this thread is better than meade's.

Different than Meade's, yes. Better...doubtful.

EDIT: mine came in today. This is a pretty kickass scope. it's definitely going to get some use

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

So Boon, is it true that it's bad to have a long ground lead on a scope probe? I heard if you keep the ground lead as short as possible, you'll be able to get a more accurate reading as far as over shoots and under shoots go.

I remember when I bought a cheap $50.00 10x scope prob for one of my Transmissions Lines class and it came with a stock dangling ground lead. It seem to show more of a detailed graph when I took the dangling lead off and used a shorter wire.

Hrm I've never really worried too much about over/undershoot. For what we're doing it's generally sufficient regardless of ground lead length, even with a Class D amp with like 200khz square PWM drive I've had perfectly good results testing with all my probes, even when I use an extension on them because I have to ground it somewhere funny to get an accurate reading.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Hrm I've never really worried too much about over/undershoot. For what we're doing it's generally sufficient regardless of ground lead length, even with a Class D amp with like 200khz square PWM drive I've had perfectly good results testing with all my probes, even when I use an extension on them because I have to ground it somewhere funny to get an accurate reading.

I see.

Hmm. I'm was thinking about buying this scope but I found out that they use to sell them for $120 on sale or somewhere around there.

Prices went up?

I see.

Hmm. I'm was thinking about buying this scope but I found out that they use to sell them for $120 on sale or somewhere around there.

Prices went up?

You can find the HPS10 for 120 on ebay, but those dont have the back lit screen, or case.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I've just placed an order on this at https://www.kitsusa.net

Ended up paying:

VELLEMAN HPS10SE - PERSONAL SCOPE 10MS/s - SPECIAL EDITION

1 $139.95 $139.95

88-3001 SOLDERING IRON PENCIL TYPE 30 WATT

1 $1.00 $1.00

SH-4 SOLDERING IRON STAND W/SPONGE

1 $2.88 $2.88

TL-12 TEST LEADS Stackable Banana To Mini Grabber

1 $2.95 $2.95

TL-6B ALLIGATOR JUMPER CLIP LEAD SET OF 10

1 $2.95 $2.95

SP-4 DESOLDER PUMP

1 $2.88 $2.88

Subtotal: $152.61

Shipping: $25.95

Total: $178.56

Everything else was so cheap that I couldn't resist -.-

Shipping was so high though :(

Just my opinion but a 30w soldering iron isn't up to much more than very basic soldering... but for a dollar, hey, what can you lose...

I'm slowly building up my collection of equipment but DAMN does it hurt my wallet :(

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

What page in the manual has the calibrating instructions. I opened up my hps10 a few days ago and didnt see anythin about calibrating in the manual?

Just my opinion but a 30w soldering iron isn't up to much more than very basic soldering... but for a dollar, hey, what can you lose...

I'm slowly building up my collection of equipment but DAMN does it hurt my wallet :(

Lol. I just bought it to compare to the one I got at radioshack.

Radioshack really pisses me off. I bought a desolder there for like 10$ or 20$ ( I can't remember) and it broke already. I've only used it for 3 months.

These things:

TL-6B ALLIGATOR JUMPER CLIP LEAD SET OF 10

Come in handy in the labs at the university :)

Archived