Ok, I want my car to be LOUD on inside, but I don't want any BASS to Travel outside, I'm going to have a new box build for 2 dc lvl 4's duel 1's and have it facing forward, Sealed from the trunk, and do a Blow Through where the 6x'9s are like I've seen done on these forums. I'm not looking to go broke, but I'm gonna do the roof, ofcourse the trunk, and leave the doors alone. How many layers, and what would you reccommend brand wise/money wise?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

xtreme dynamat is really good its not too bad on price but remember you get what you pay for. i have dynamat xtreme and love it.

links?

Also I've heard nothing but good bout Dynamat the audio shop can sell me a full trunk set for $100 I believe is that a good price?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

links?

Also I've heard nothing but good bout Dynamat the audio shop can sell me a full trunk set for $100 I believe is that a good price?

no not really i believe you can get a xtreme bulk pack for like 150. and you get way more. let me get you a link. here you go.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1726_D...-++-+10455.html even cheaper 139.

Edited by ROBERT 04XBLZ

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

if its foward and sealed from the trunk, doing the trunk lid wont really do much

rattle hunt first, put a piece on the back of ur license plate, find those pieces of bumper that rattle, stuff like that

throw a solid layer on the roof and test it, if it still flexes too much for you, do another layer

i'd recomend doing the doors too, it does make a nice differencem especially if your speakers are mounted in stock locations, or you drive a car where theres tincans on hinges with a window motor where a door should be. Give you a nice authoratative thump when you close the door, keep the music in and the roadnoise out. its a definite difference.

and dont worry about the floor, thats a step too far imo, and most cars have stock deadening there anyway

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

if its foward and sealed from the trunk, doing the trunk lid wont really do much

rattle hunt first, put a piece on the back of ur license plate, find those pieces of bumper that rattle, stuff like that

throw a solid layer on the roof and test it, if it still flexes too much for you, do another layer

i'd recomend doing the doors too, it does make a nice differencem especially if your speakers are mounted in stock locations, or you drive a car where theres tincans on hinges with a window motor where a door should be. Give you a nice authoratative thump when you close the door, keep the music in and the roadnoise out. its a definite difference.

and dont worry about the floor, thats a step too far imo, and most cars have stock deadening there anyway

the only thing that rattles atm is my trunk, license plate.

The roof flexes, the area where my 6x9's are.

the reason for this much dynamat is so if i'm driving and theres a cop heading in my direction, and I slip up, i don't have to worrie about getting pulled over because it's not as LOUD and barely noticeable.

im running Crunch Gp 3000, with a 275 DC Amp alternator I wanna dynamat to keep my car as quiet as possible on the inside.

$139 is a big pricey, any other cheaper brands?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

ticket costs me 170 each time around here

up to 5000 in some states, or an impounded car

130 is a good night at the bar...man up and my some butyl and aluminum foil for the car

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

ticket costs me 170 each time around here

up to 5000 in some states, or an impounded car

130 is a good night at the bar...man up and my some butyl and aluminum foil for the car

Well, doesn't Dynamat have just a good effect as Dynamat Extreme? Im just looking to get no OUTSIDE noise on a budge, Dynamat is all ready expensive so thats what I would go with.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Well, doesn't Dynamat have just a good effect as Dynamat Extreme? Im just looking to get no OUTSIDE noise on a budge, Dynamat is all ready expensive so thats what I would go with.

xtreme dynamat is 4x's better than normal dynamat. its not that expensive bro. its well worth it. other stuff is going to be cheaper but youre not going to get as a good affect. also its not going going to stop ALL noise from going outside.

Edited by ROBERT 04XBLZ

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2