Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sub Set Up


fli_noize

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi Everyone I'm New. I have a 2002 300M Special. Right now I have 2 08 L5 12's (in a box thats too small) running off of a KX 1200.1. A Kicker RS 6.5 component set up front, with some Kicker 6x9's in the rear running off of a kicker 800.4. Batcap 600 for the Mono Block. I'm thinking of going bigger and I'm trying to decide if it would be better to run 2 15" BTL's or 1 18" BTL. I'm working with 8 cubic feet max because I'm going to ditch my spare. Electrically I dont plan on doing much more than a 250amp alternator, MLA module and a couple of batteries with the Big 3 in 0 gauge. I'm really wondering how much better 2 15's will be considering everything involved with running 2 15's as a pose to the 1 18". Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Posted

2 15's would get louder because of more cone area and more power

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

Posted
2 15's would get louder because of more cone area and more power

If you can fit the two 15's they will always be louder than the single 18 due to their having greater surface area.

The only thing you really would need to change is the baffle on the box. And no matter how much power you decide to put in the car the two 15s will be louder.

So with being just as complicated as running one 18, running the two 15s will be louder.

Posted

Thanks, thats kind of what i was thinking too. In a few weeks I'm going to build an optimal proper box for my kickers (will post) and see if i'm satisfied for now. If not, 2 15's it is.

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4818 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...