Second Skin Audio

What Size Box For 2 Btl 18's In A Armada Truck

hello i was wondering about getting away with saving space in the rear so im having a custom box built for 2 btl 18's , 1 currnetly have to re audio 12"xxx in a portred box each with its own port in one box 46w x 15 h x 16 d and four yellowtops and a 250a alt i asked a custom installe well know in the area for puttting togehter trucks like "the beast" and he said he can first make a cardboard template to custom fit the area were third row was this way no space is left unused......

im not entirely sure what the question is

u need at minimum of ~10cuft after all displacement

thats ~46w*25h*24d just to give you an idea

its gonna take alot more power than rms to get them moving the same as if they were in a 12.5-14cuft(sweetspot) box

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

ok thanx for the info thats about what we were workin on i just wanted to be sure cuz i see in the meade builds area the pics of the 4 re 18"s in a truck took up the whole rear area were the 3rd row was and to the back , but since mine will be the same type but with 2 18"s , i figured maybe it can use half the space...but somehow i think that box he made may be smaller than whats recommended for 4 18"s? unless he used 5 cubes per sub total 20 cubes for 4 subs because the rec specs are 5-10 cubes per sub so i figured i can get away with a box thats 10 cubes after displacement and push 5000 - 6500 w rms into it should make it bank like steves window shaker ! i also have 4 yellowtops and a 250amp alt all 0 ga wire too and three other amps for assorted mids midbass and tweets........

ok decaf i will send pics of the current setup with the 2 re xxx 12"s in a ported 6 cube box dont get me wrong this thing slams the way it is i just got addicted to bass and want more lol.......i may have some pics now of the prior setup with maybe one yellowtop and factory alt and one 9 yr old bandpass box with 4 kicker 10" solobaric old school subs 15 yr old ones. hmmmm im tryin to find away to upload a photo on here any suggestions?

umm photobucket
ok decaf i figured it out but it seems i can only upload one pic at a time here? heres one of the current enclosure i have with 2 re xxx 12"s powered by a visonik 4000w mono dblock amp and 4 ytellowtops with a 250a alt and 0 ga.......more pics in next replies

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn104/B...recompleted.jpg

ok decaf here are my older jbl crown amps (now spare) 1100w ea they fried these 4 old 10" kicker solobarics in a old bandpass box and fried my 10" kicker solo x ! do not believe when they say that solo x 10" or 12"s or 15" are 5000w peak and 2500 rms ! even kicker themselves told me that the normal power handling is a thousand and change ! so with that i lost all interest in kicker subs. http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn104/B...psyellowtop.jpg

Edited by BIGMANNYC