I Need Wiring Help

i have a 89 mazda MX-6 witha stock alt and i have a HO chevy alternator laying around. i need to know what the 4 wires on the plug of my chevy ALT is for and what to hook them up to. and from what i understand the body of the ALT is its negative output and since im custom making my brackets im not so sure how conductive it will be to my block, would it be a good idea to run a battery wire from my body ground to one of the mounting bolts? also would there be an issue with running a stock ALT and a HO ALT at the same time

it would help a little with some more info on the chevy alt, is it a internaly regulated alt or externaly regulated one?

and as far as grounding the alt to the block its not need'ed but couldnt hurt, and you can run the factory alt for the regular part of the car and have the ho alt run to a battery just for your amps or sub amp(s)

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Archived