Sundown Audio

A Good 3000 Watt Amp

justinqualls1

what is price running on the dat2500.1 ive been thinking about trying them out but just wasnt sure about them yet. but i figured the test result showed they where pretty good

I believe they are 799...not 100% sure though

sorry, they are just a little over 700 :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

If you are running the Optidrive 1532D, then I would highly recommend the AP 30001D. It is a dual monoblock, meaning it actually has two 1500watt RMS monoblocks inside of it; each stable to 1 ohm. This explains why the amp is so sexy (over 30 inches long), but also helps when it comes to powering dual two ohm subs like the OPTI 1532Ds. You can wire one 1 Ohm (dual 2 Ohm coil) sub per side of the amp. As I recall, the 1532D handles 1300 watts RMS, so look for them to give you all they've got on that amp. Trust.

Also, out of all the amps mentioned so far, the AP 30001D is among the best bargains price wise. Since you're running Lanzar subs, I'm assuming you're like most of us and want bang for the buck. Go with the AP, and, with proper installation, you will NOT be disappointed.

i pretty decent at installs and am usually the person everyone calls when they need help with there systems lol so i know what im doinig pretty good. but anyway i was thinking that also i just dont want it to be to bad. i currently have one of the 15" hooked up to the opti 1400d amp and it slams pretty good so i was hoping doubling the power and amount of subs that it slams good

With both double the power and cone area, your a whole lot louder than before. Your 1400D is actually a pretty good amp. Have you considered just getting another one to add to your second 15 when you get it? I happen to have had very good experiences with the '32' series optidrive subs and that that amp is a good match for your sub.

The Opti 1400D is strappable, meaning you can avoid all those two amp headaches by simply strapping two amps together. Together, they would be stable to 2 Ohms, which is what your subs wire down to series/parallel.

But even if you wire one amp to one sub, it is not super-critical that you set both amps' gains together; that only applies when you connect two amps to the same sub. I agree that those 1532 speakers can handle a little bit more power though.

Also, there are the new '33' series Optidrive subs that handle 3000 watts RMS each at a good price if you have space limitations.

I cant find anything saying that those amps are strappable. But yeah these subs can take a little bit more than that amp but that sounds like a pretty awesome new subs. i havent seen them yet. but anyway thanks for the help man i just still a little confused about the straping thing but other than that im guessing that ap3000.1 is prolly my best buy as far as i see but other than that idk lol

Archived