Second Skin Audio

Which Enclosure Design For 12 12"s

Vented Wall or Hoopty Style 6th order  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Vented Wall or Hoopty Style 6th order

• Vented Wall
    • Hoopty Style 6th order Bandpass

You guys are surprising me with the flat wall instead of the Bandpass Wall.

Thanks for the votes though! All input is appreciated, especially before I cut the wood!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

wallfrontwk2.jpg

That's my compact clamshell design for 12 12's :D

That is def. the hotness. Doesn't the guy from Australia have a setup like that? I can't remember his username- the red truck with the DDs and gobs of power that does retarded hairtricks? :)

That def. has the wow factor too. What if the port were turned upright instead of vertical? And how do you determine the tune? The smallest space at the back of the port would be the measured area?

My wife likes that one too- it may be the chosen one. :)

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

That's my old 1605. Yeah- kinda hard to get 2 to match that one.

Still not as old as my 10 year old MTX amps! LOL!

Oh ok gotcha! There shouldn't be much difference, I'm not positive but I don't think Hifonics change much other than the cosmetics from year to year with their amps.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

That is def. the hotness. Doesn't the guy from Australia have a setup like that? I can't remember his username- the red truck with the DDs and gobs of power that does retarded hairtricks? :)

That def. has the wow factor too. What if the port were turned upright instead of vertical? And how do you determine the tune? The smallest space at the back of the port would be the measured area?

My wife likes that one too- it may be the chosen one. :)

Yeah it's based on Charger's build in many ways :)

It should work fine if you flipped it on it's side but this one was designed so you could recline the front seats back so your head was right in the port :D

The tune is hard to say - you can add a short piece to the flare of it but essentially it works kinda like a tapped rear horn with a compression chamber behind the woofers.

I'll post some more pics but they are designed for a tiny little coupe, you could do it better by adding more airspace behind the woofers :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

That's cool! Yeah, I have more room than that box, because I can square off the back for a bit more air space (would put some 45s in there). I could always build it and see what it sounds like- Build the port a bit long and cut it if too low, extend it if too high.

...Then again, if built with the port running horizontally- and the angles in the back it gives me room for amps up top and on the flat part- with additional batteries later on bottom. Basically- it is time to start cuttin!

Thanks Boon!

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

If you scal that thing it looks like the port is about 4 inches long???? or do you use the total legth from back wall to the front of the box??????

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

If you scal that thing it looks like the port is about 4 inches long???? or do you use the total legth from back wall to the front of the box??????

Come on guys someone has to know this answer..

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's