Better Numbers

i was wondering if 1 18 would do better numbers then 2 12's? im curently running 2 re se 12's on a zx1500.1 and its doing 144.0 but i was thinking of swaping out the 12's for 1 18" fi bl i have never owned anything but 12's so im totally new to the 18 game what you think it would do?

Edited by theDREW

tuTWENTY * Team MechMan * Team Shok * Team Sundown

your going to need a much larger box- and alignment will play a big role as well. The 18 will have more cone than your pair of 12s so very well could put up larger numbers. what car?

welcome "thedrew" to the forum :)

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

your going to need a much larger box- and alignment will play a big role as well.

welcome "thedrew" to the forum :)

-Drew

well space isnt a issue its going ina trailblazer. thanks for the welcome.

Yes go with the 18.

With that power bracket there are many 18" subs that will perform well in 7-8cuft @35hz inluding the Fi Bl, DC leve 4, RE SX, and if i was more familiar with what models have what power handling you can find ***, DD, Sundown all have lines in that would work.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

the 18" Bl will do well on the zx1500.1

I have mine running off 1500 watts and people think I should throw more at it.

Fi's are beasts so you should have head room to upgrade amps if you want louder.

Welcome "theDrew" and welcome to the 18" club :spiteful:

pressures on now.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

haha x2 pressure IS on, especially if you have to deal with a TermLab

damn mic kicks my ass every time i roll up to one.

-Drew

It sure is! Pull those twelves out and roll with the 18 for a while. It's all trial and error my friend, you won't truly know til' you hook it up!

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

yeah im soo down now i was just wanting to make sure i wouldnt be taking any steps back im not too worried about the tl cause i know ill get my ass handed to me with the power i have available. comapred to most people who run 18's i still would like to be in the mid 40's just cause lol. thehoe92 your set up is sick man! have you metered yet?

Edited by theDREW

yeah im soo down now i was just wanting to make sure i wouldnt be taking any steps back im not too worried about the tl cause i know ill get my ass handed to me with the power i have available. comapred to most people who run 18's i still would like to be in the mid 40's just cause lol. thehoe92 your set up is sick man! have you metered yet?

haven't metered it yet.

I don't want to until I can do something with my alternator either a new one or big 3.

I am waiting until I get two 18's before I upgrade to a t2k.

thats really far down though.

but thanks drew :)

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple