Sonic Electronix

I'm trying to avoid having her go under the hood with tools.

sorry bro this had me rofl...i know the feelin just with a gf

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

how about she just turn the radio off or pop the face off when she gets out. :search::unknw:

That unit might not have a removable face plate. Not sure...

I also believe whoever said there's the radio fuse under the hood is correct. I've got an 03 silverado and I'm pretty sure the radio fuse is in the fuse box under the hood, and not in the dash fuse panel.

As for the problem, I am going to guess that if I remember right, after 03 on our vehicles, there isn't necessarily an ignition input from the factory harness if I remember correctly from installing my headunit. I used the harness that was for the pre 03 models in which there is no chime module and such, and my constant 12v and ignition is together giving me the option of having the radio on without the keys when I want. I'm assuming that with the door chime module it's decoding a data signal to tell the radio to turn on, because I remember there being a harness pin that wasn't used and I'm guessing it was the data wire or similar that worked in conjunction with the stock radio. Maybe with the install of the alarm/remote start it's giving weird signals through the electrical system causing some weird things to happen with the headunit door chime module. If you think about it, (alarm>uses door pins>door pin switches work with door chime>door chime is in the H/U harness.)

Just my guess.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

The Performer

You are correct. The Avic Z2 does not have a detachable face. I had my wife pull the fuse under the hood & reset the module. I had a friend stop by & rewire the 12 volt acc wire (red) on the radio to the accessory wire on the ignition harness. My guess is the same as yours. maybe the alarm / remote start is giving the module a dirty signal of some sort. I hate those stupid GM data lines!

Thanks for your input.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!