Jump to content

Selenium Mids & Highs


01 S-10

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was looking into getting the 6.5'' mids with the st-350 bullet tweeters. Would my crossovers from my MB Quart component set work with these. Each speaker(Selenium) is 8ohms. I know I could get a 4 channel amp with a good built-in crossover but I'm trying to use the 2 channel amp I already have. Would each channel of my amp see a 4ohm load?

TDH FTW !!!

Posted

I run the same 6.5" and ST350 for rear fill speakers in my wall, 60 rms per side. They are great speakers!

I kept them 8 ohm and used some prefab crossovers from parts express.

I'm not sure what happens when a 4 ohm MB Quart crossover is matched with two 8 ohm speakers, though. I thought that mixing impedance could change the slope or crossover points, but don't quote me on that.

I would run them with an 8 ohm crossover, if you have an amp to run them, they are still gonna get loud.

FYI, keep in mind that the ST350 is a very large case.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1052 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...