Second Skin Audio

Wait, So Enclosure Type & Size Affects Max Watts?

doesnt matter really. it was still the point he was trying to make

okay well thats a bad example to try and help out...because nobody in their right mind would put a 12" btl in a 6 cu/ft enclosure.

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

lol ok. Just trying to be safe and get the most bang for my buck. The part where I make the box I have sound and look great was actually the part of this I was most looking forward to.

Its a hobby, and hobbies are supposed to be fun. Getting that best buy crap would take most fun out.

Also, I finally found my amp specs:

http://catalog.ebay.com/_W0QQ_fclsZ1QQ_pid...295QQ_tabZ1%22}

Its bottoming out @ 17hz? That sounds a tad low.

{edit} now I learn it does have a SSF?

'Infinity's proprietary Dynamic Bass Optimizer (DBO) circuit matches variable bass boost with a variable subsonic filter to enable low frequency fine-tuning while still providing robust speaker protection.'

are you refering to the amps frequency response??? if so how can an amp "bottom out" when there is nothing to bottom out...no moving parts...I don't understand.

are you refering to the amps frequency response??? if so how can an amp "bottom out" when there is nothing to bottom out...no moving parts...I don't understand.

I'm just confused that my amps frequency response is 27 and the speakers is 25, so that means its capable of getting that low right? I mean, that is probably beyond what is safe.

images-1.jpg