Second Skin Audio

Wait, So Enclosure Type & Size Affects Max Watts?

Or is this just some crazy mumbo jumbo. I have tons of work to do on my ported box to get it where I want it, and I am planning on feeding my new speakers 328 watts a piece (28 watts over what is recommended max for a vented box?) and am really confused now. Does this mean I should go sealed?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2067C12VR2/Ki...b=detailed_info

Someone told me the CVR should go vented yesterday & today some random Craiglist guy said sealed is the way to boom and minimize trunk noise (which I got)

Damn. I guess I need to get a new box (says there compact sealed is only way to reach max RMS)

images-1.jpg

No.......

So.. don't worry about it? Just try and match the vented criteria?

I know 28 watts isn't probably going to matter, but I really don't want to fry these things (even in the long term) or have my ports farting on me due to subsonic noise.

images-1.jpg

your amp doesnt have a Subsonic filter?

Today has been like "subsonic filter day." LOL. I'm starting to think that term is bullshit. I mean, the lowpass knob or the settings on my HU should fix that right? just set to 25hz I guess.

images-1.jpg

Today has been like "subsonic filter day." LOL. I'm starting to think that term is bullshit. I mean, the lowpass knob or the settings on my HU should fix that right? just set to 25hz I guess.

how is it bullshit? subsonic filters help your subs not destroy themselves in ported boxes.

Or is this just some crazy mumbo jumbo. I have tons of work to do on my ported box to get it where I want it, and I am planning on feeding my new speakers 328 watts a piece (28 watts over what is recommended max for a vented box?) and am really confused now. Does this mean I should go sealed?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2067C12VR2/Ki...b=detailed_info

Someone told me the CVR should go vented yesterday & today some random Craiglist guy said sealed is the way to boom and minimize trunk noise (which I got)

your fine with a ported box. i wouldnt listen to random people on craigslist since they most likely dont know what they're talking about.

in your ported box... you want to turn the subsonic filter down about 5 below your tuning frequency so you wont go under the box's tuning frequency and bottom out the sub.. if you bottom out the sub by playing frequencys that the box isnt tuned for *meaning 2 low* it will cause the sub to act as if its free air *correct me if im wrong plz* and could possibly harm/break/fry your subs

*edit* unless you have subs that are built like tanks, like DC/FI/AA/DD then you only have to worry about that about 25% of the time LOL

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones