Second Skin Audio

t port/L port design question

dmz2711

What would be the correct way to calculate a t-port? i've seen other threads and some pics of these enclosures, and they seem pretty sweet. If i did not have a divider down the center do the two ports share a common center channel? here is a pic to describe what i am saying. The measurements are not accurate, just examples... :^

tportenclosure1ht.jpg

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

What would be the correct way to calculate a t-port? i've seen other threads and some pics of these enclosures, and they seem pretty sweet. If i did not have a divider down the center do the two ports share a common center channel? here is a pic to describe what i am saying. The measurements are not accurate, just examples... :^

tportenclosure1ht.jpg

seems alright

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

What about adding in the length of the part of the port that bends. The part of the port that does not have a dashed line downt he center of it.

Do you factor that part in?

Baylor University

Accounting

just measure down the dead center of the port. so you would count half of the space that isn't dotted.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

its hard to understand with out a visual damn. I duno

How do you find the length of a port wtih no bend in it like just a straight square port just measure the length of the port (so it would be like the length of hte wood that actually creates the port) plus half of the width?

Baylor University

Accounting

Archived