Sonic Electronix

so i have my itunes set to automatically adjust the volume level of the music so all the songs come out at the same volume. now what i noticed is that when i transfer it over to my ipod and i check the info the volume tends to be lowered by whatever amount of decibels. is that affecting the sound that comes from my headunit? what i mean is, since it's a direct connection via usb and not going through a set of rca's to a jack, is the volume on the music affected?

so i have my itunes set to automatically adjust the volume level of the music so all the songs come out at the same volume. now what i noticed is that when i transfer it over to my ipod and i check the info the volume tends to be lowered by whatever amount of decibels. is that affecting the sound that comes from my headunit? what i mean is, since it's a direct connection via usb and not going through a set of rca's to a jack, is the volume on the music affected?

Yeah. When you use iTunes to change volume of songs it goes right in there and actually changes the file itself. If you do it manually (especially on a whole bunch of song) you'll notice your computere is 'thinking.'

I do not advise this. To me it seems to add a bit of distortion, but I could be wrong. The only time I've used this was for audio books or something with a speaking part.. or maybe a really rare vinyl rip or something that seemed quiet.

As a person who also runs and iPod on my pioneer head-unit I would suggest perhaps increasing the SRC volume for the iPod instead of altering the mp3's if they seem loud or quiet to begin with.

images-1.jpg

Archived