milesmiles Posted March 22, 2009 Author Report Posted March 22, 2009 Ok. I think the receiver is ok, I tested it out a few times after disconnecting the sub. At that I doubt if it was putting out more than 50-75 watts per channel, so the sub should be ok too. Quote
milesmiles Posted March 22, 2009 Author Report Posted March 22, 2009 I still can't find a home amp or receiver that is designed for 4 ohms though. Quote
Stephen Posted March 22, 2009 Report Posted March 22, 2009 I still can't find a home amp or receiver that is designed for 4 ohms though. Bash 300 or 500 plate amp Quote you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
milesmiles Posted March 23, 2009 Author Report Posted March 23, 2009 Bash 300 or 500 plate amp Doesn't that only work for subwoofers? Quote
Stephen Posted March 23, 2009 Report Posted March 23, 2009 Doesn't that only work for subwoofers? isint that what your using it for Quote you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
milesmiles Posted March 23, 2009 Author Report Posted March 23, 2009 No, I have 2 other desk speakers that need to be powered. How should I go about doing that. Quote
milesmiles Posted March 23, 2009 Author Report Posted March 23, 2009 If I were to get one full range amplifier and one subwoofer amplifier, how could I make them work together? Quote
milesmiles Posted March 23, 2009 Author Report Posted March 23, 2009 (edited) Ok, after an hour or two of reading I have come up with this: 1. Laptop 2. 3.5 MM Stereo Splitter 3. 3.5 MM Stereo to 2 RCA Plugs 4. 3.5 MM Stereo to 2 RCA Plugs 5. Full Range Amp 6. RCA Cable 7. RCA Cable 8. Subwoofer Amp 9. RCA Cable 10. Subwoofer 11. Desk Speaker 12. Desk Speaker Will this work? And yes it took me an hour to figure that out. Edited March 23, 2009 by milesmiles Quote
Guest Posted March 23, 2009 Report Posted March 23, 2009 Ok, after an hour or two of reading I have come up with this: 1. Laptop 2. 3.5 MM Stereo Splitter 3. 3.5 MM Stereo to 2 RCA Plugs 4. 3.5 MM Stereo to 2 RCA Plugs 5. Full Range Amp 6. RCA Cable 7. RCA Cable 8. Subwoofer Amp 9. RCA Cable 10. Subwoofer 11. Desk Speaker 12. Desk Speaker Will this work? And yes it took me an hour to figure that out. #6/7/9 shouldnt be needed since you would need just plain speaker wire. Quote
milesmiles Posted March 23, 2009 Author Report Posted March 23, 2009 The subwoofer and subwoofer amp only appear to have RCA, am I right? But yeah you're right about 6 and 7. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.