Sonic Electronix

i have a friend that has a mazda 6 with 2 kicker cvr 12s on a arc audio kar 900 and a kitnetik hc800 on i think the amp is clipping he has 0 gauge wire from the stock battery to the kinetik and 4 guage to the amp the wierd thing is the car battery is pushing 13.8 volts and its still at 13.8 coming out of the first fuse holder but the kinetick is only reading 9 volts and only 9 at the second fuse holder which is making the amp clip because sometimes it will play for 10 to 20 min and then just quit and a few times after i unplugged the speakers the amp would go back to normal i am completely lost so please help before we try to replace the wrong thing

2000 toyota tacoma ext. cab

JVC AH-59 head unit

knukonceptz 4ga kolossus Amp kit

hifonics brutus 1200D

2 Kicker CVR 12

prefab vented enclosure

Sounds to me like he popped the fuse between the front battery and the kinetik. Check the fuse, even if it does look ok it still might be blown.

That or there's a disconnected/cut wire somewhere. When two batteries are hooked together they should read the same voltage. He's probably been trying to run his amp off just the kinetik which has pretty much killed the battery.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Sounds to me like he popped the fuse between the front battery and the kinetik. Check the fuse, even if it does look ok it still might be blown.

That or there's a disconnected/cut wire somewhere. When two batteries are hooked together they should read the same voltage. He's probably been trying to run his amp off just the kinetik which has pretty much killed the battery.

both fuses look fine but like you say it could still be blown and the wires are connected everywhere is there any chance there is something wrong with the kinetik

if one of the fuses was blown would the amp still come on sometimes????? is it possible the fuse it close to blowing maybe???

JVC AH-59 head unit

hifonics brutus 1200D

2 Kicker CVR 12

prefab vented enclosure

calm down man, check for cut power wires and messed up fuses.

and yes, maybe the battery is bad, take it out and just run straight to the amp

Edited by Krannyman92

ok thanks

JVC AH-59 head unit

hifonics brutus 1200D

2 Kicker CVR 12

prefab vented enclosure

I agree that the battery might be bad but dont just run straight to the amp without another battery or a capacitor. If your system potentially killed that battery then it will definitely kill your car battery. Replace the defective battery and if the problem is still there, n check all wires thoroughly.

I agree that the battery might be bad but dont just run straight to the amp without another battery or a capacitor. If your system potentially killed that battery then it will definitely kill your car battery. Replace the defective battery and if the problem is still there, n check all wires thoroughly.

who says he needs 2 batteries?

pull the kinetik battery out and check the voltage with no load on it.

should float between 12.5 and 12.9. if it doesn't then charge it. if it won't hold a charge then get a new one.