Second Skin Audio

8cuft Tuned To 34hz **pics Added April 6**

i want to build a new box for my 15's. my goal is 8cuft tuned to 37Hz. the maximun amount of space i have is

24" H

49.5" W

27" D

i am going to do subs up port back, i have tried a couple of the box designs software online and for the most part they confuse me a bit. i was wondering if anyone here would be able to give me a hand designing a box. i would like the box to be the full 49.5" wide.

these are ouside measurements and i will use 3/4"MDF

if anymore info is need just let me know what you might need.

Thanks

Edited by PUNKYOU007

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

i want to build a new box for my 15's. my goal is 8cuft tuned to 37Hz. the maximun amount of space i have is

24" H

49.5" W

27" D

i am going to do subs up port back, i have tried a couple of the box designs software online and for the most part they confuse me a bit. i was wondering if anyone here would be able to give me a hand designing a box. i would like the box to be the full 49.5" wide. these are ouside measurements and i will use 3/4"MDF

if anymore info is need just let me know what you might need.

Thanks

scratch that. i would rather have the full 24" H so it lines up with the top of the seat.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

i mean, if you want to do something like 24high, 49.5 wide, 15 deep, with like 110sq in of port 19 in deep

you would have just shy of 8ft after port and displacement (like 7.8, i assumed about .2 per driver displacement), tuned to 37hz with a respectable 14sq inches of port per cube

but if your sub has a cutout larger than 14.5, that plan is useless

get amatt's calculator http://download96.mediafire.com/uiobhbz9w9...+calculator.xls

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i have James working on it for me, but if anybody else wants to throw an idea my way, go for it.

d(-__-)b

just so i know for sure, you want that definite hieght?

i would like that hieght. from the floor to the top of my third row is 24". from the specs i sent you, do you think the box should be bigger? i dont mind if it is, hell i dont mind i you change the tuning.

d(-__-)b

• 2 weeks later...

so thanks to James i am on the way to a new ported box, this is gonna be my first ported box. i took a few pics of my progress. the pic with the date was taken a few days ago cause we had a minor problem, but fixed that and i got to build today. me and my dad got everything done except the front and the top.

img1239063776963.jpg

img1239063776189.jpg

img1239063777797.jpg

img1239063779135.jpg

img1239063779974.jpg

img1239063780669.jpg

img1239063781475.jpg

img1239063782290.jpg

d(-__-)b

couple of things, i feel terrible for the pic with my chrysler in it, that was my first car and my daily driver from VA to OH to IL and back to VA for 4 years. and thats my dad in the one pic.

d(-__-)b

• 2 weeks later...

img1240236563237.jpg

img1240236563736.jpg

img1240236564213.jpg

img1240236562742.jpg

img1240236561727.jpg

img1240236562264.jpg

img1240236560043.jpg

img1240236560548.jpg

just some updates..going to work on it tonight

d(-__-)b