Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

Put up a video with the world's oldest camera. Not HD, bad sound quality and refresh rate. I would love to get a vid of the subs and windshield, but the camera just doesn't pick anything up. Any bad sound you hear is from the cam. It picks up lots of sound at low volumes but loudness = teh fail.

12 old school Cerwin-Vega! Vega 12"s in a Ported Clamshell Wall. Each sub gets about 350-400 wRMS (3 Hifonics 1600 wRMS Brutus amps each powering 4 subs). The subs have about 1.75 cubes of enclosure each for a total volume of 21 cubes. Box is tuned in the 35-40 hz range.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Put up a video with the world's oldest camera. Not HD, bad sound quality and refresh rate. I would love to get a vid of the subs and windshield, but the camera just doesn't pick anything up. Any bad sound you hear is from the cam. It picks up lots of sound at low volumes but loudness = teh fail.

12 old school Cerwin-Vega! Vega 12"s in a Ported Clamshell Wall. Each sub gets about 350-400 wRMS (3 Hifonics 1600 wRMS Brutus amps each powering 4 subs). The subs have about 1.75 cubes of enclosure each for a total volume of 21 cubes. Box is tuned in the 35-40 hz range.

That is sweet bro..awesome job

www.bassproducers.com

TEAMS

TEAM BASSPRODUCERS, TEAM HERTZ (VA)

*Ranger System*

(4) 18" Kicker Comp

(4) 10" Kicker Comp

Dual Stinger Alts.

(5) Rockford Punch 200's

(2) Punch 100's

*Outlander System*152.6 DB so Far*

(8) TXX-APX12W

(2) AP-30001D'S

(2) AP-2004'S

(8) APMB6'S

(4) KHC2400'S

Thanks man! It has come a long way- very slowly. LOL! I still have more batts to do, maybe a dual alt setup, and fiberglass.

I really like the old school in your truck too! Very nice!

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Dang it Colin!

I'm to broke to look at your system. It only reminds me how I want to do mine. Even though I have alot to start with, I don't have the funds to finish. ..............I will wait and watch others :|

Love the vid!

How far away is the bass penetration? Say like, "the wife hears you pull off the free way and she can hear you forever" or "I can't drive through town anymore because I've pissed everyone off and they know my van"

Just wondering!

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

:) Thanks man.

It gets done slowly- one thing at a time. It took years- YEARS!!! to build up all of the subs and amps and the nerve to do a wall. :) It just started fairly small and then as it grew, I would add more and more and more. By no means do I have lots of $ floating around. I have my eye set on a Maxxlink now. :P ..and the extra batts.....

As far as how far does the bass carry... eh- a pretty good ways. :D I will just be tooling around with the volume relatively low and people 2-3 blocks away will break their necks to see where the bass is coming from. I have had people 1/8th of a mile away dance to the music.... and that is with me driving. I didn't even know them! LOL! ummm... another one- I was getting on the highway onramp and had 2 or 3 people in the Lowes parking lot looking at me slack jawed (onramp is 1/4 mile a way).

It's more fun to see people's reactions when they realize it is coming from an old Astro Van that looks like a marshmello. Everyone around here with a system has rims and paint and all that jazz. I don't. I have running boards. LOL! I love it when people let their jaw drop. I don't think it is from the volume... I think it is because of what the volume is coming from. :ph34r:

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

i love reactions when rolling down the street passing restraunts that seat people outside or the movies and the huge strip mall with jcpenny target and 6 other stores

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

• 2 weeks later...

Seafoam!!! Raaaar!

And pay no attention to all of that paint that isn't on my roof! :)

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna' tell you what- a leaky head gasket really REALLY sucks! As in sucks the coolant right down the motor and out the tailpipe.

The 4 hour drive from the coast was real fun, stopping every 30 minutes or so- with 3 Pits in the Van and gallons and gallons of water. Well.... this seems as good of an excuse as any to stuff my 350 V8 in there. :D

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Seafoam!!! Raaaar!

And pay no attention to all of that paint that isn't on my roof! :)

Wait, where'd you put the seafoam? In the tank?

I'm gonna' tell you what- a leaky head gasket really REALLY sucks! As in sucks the coolant right down the motor and out the tailpipe.

The 4 hour drive from the coast was real fun, stopping every 30 minutes or so- with 3 Pits in the Van and gallons and gallons of water. Well.... this seems as good of an excuse as any to stuff my 350 V8 in there. :D

Get an old corvette 350! And supercharge it! :spiteful: LOL.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Archived