Few Wall Qs 4x Massive Audio Dmx15s

Hey,

Just a few quick Qs if someone can help out.

I'm putting in a wall, 4x15"s.. My car has a sunroof. What would be the best way around this without welding a metal plate to the roof? Would the sunroof make a huge difference in my db readings? will it begin to leak? would I be better putting in a MDF roof? if so how would I secure this?

And.... whats peoples opinions on the DMX15 from Massive Audio? each pair is being run off the P3000.1 amp..

Never done a wall, so any hints and tips from the Pros would be gratefully received! :D

Is this going to be a competition only car, or do you need to drive it everyday?

I'm pretty sure theat when the sunroof glass lifts, it's gonna cost you in SPL, but if its a daily driver, why not keep the roof and enjoy it once in a while. ;)

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

And.... whats peoples opinions on the DMX15 from Massive Audio? each pair is being run off the P3000.1 amp..

A kid round here had 2 of those amps on one of those subs, I didnt really care for it... The amps they look kool n all but they dont do there rated power and are slightly overrated..

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Would be a daily driver, but would like to compete in our regional SPL comps.

I say keep the sunroof then. If it gets to a point where you are gonna break it, then look to replace it.

It's just like another door or hatch on the car, it's gonna flex in it's rubber seal.

I don't see 6k watts tearing the metal roof or breaking the glass, so I would keep it.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

oh ok thanks for that..

Kinda disappointed to be honest.. Is Massive Audio gear not that loud?

In relation to sound deadening - I'm building a wall, is there any need to sound deaden behind the wall? or should I just concentrate from the wall forward as in theory the wall should be sealed from the back of the car correct??

I say keep the sunroof then. If it gets to a point where you are gonna break it, then look to replace it.

It's just like another door or hatch on the car, it's gonna flex in it's rubber seal.

I don't see 6k watts tearing the metal roof or breaking the glass, so I would keep it.

• 1 month later...

We did an install in my dads truck with 4 of the 12" DMXs and two clarion dpx11500s...Its loud. No wall, pulls 46s and 47s on TL...heres a vid

. So if you do it right they will get loud, good subs man. But not a big fan of the amps.

1994 Lincoln Town Car

Headunit: Pioneer Premier 510UB : 2 Powerbass AEQ-7X0 Eq's

Front Stage: 30 Mids/Highs off of a Kicker zx850.4 & Kicker kx600.4

Sub Stage: 4 18" DC Level 4s (w/ Level 5 coils) : 2 Mmats D3000.1s

Security: Autopage RS730

Electrical : 200 amp Powermaster Alt : MLA module : KnuKonceptz wiring : 6 Universal Battery UB12750's