Sonic Electronix

Yesterday I hit a big dip and bottomed out my car. Less than 24 hours after finally 'completing' my car stereo goals I had suddenly experience a loss in my front 4X6 and rear 6X9's.

After some good fast help in the HU section, I was able to easily remove my HU but still cannot discover the culprit.

I did check my fuse box and recognized the "horn" fuse so was able to pull that one and see I had blown it (a couple of weeks back). Still stumped here. I don't know what other fuses would be responsible, the aux/cig one is fine.

HU is a Pioneer DEH-P3000IB. Infinity reference speakers. Oh and the one amplifier and sub still gets a signal from the RCA out of the back and the unit is still fully functional.

Just zero audio. If this isn't one giant cosmic kick-in-the-nuts.

At least I can honk at people again! Just the other day I passed under a sign on the freeway and was hitting my steering wheel in silence.

Any ideas?

images-1.jpg

Wait, i just realized the bump could have caused a short or the wires from 1 of the speakers to now touch and that could have made it protect? Right? I think I just figured it out.l... maybe.

{EDIT} This was indeed the problem. Oh well. Live and learn.

images-1.jpg

Archived