shooter69 Posted March 30, 2009 Report Posted March 30, 2009 So I have a 15" BL w/cooling. I had to ship my RF amp in to get it fixed, so I'm running it off of a buddy's Hifonics Brutus--1200 watt amp. Well I went down to the car audio shops and the guy was very interested in my Fi since NOBODY even close to here has one. So he gave me a free meter job for my ford taurus...mostly out of curiosity I assume. But my box is 3.36 cubes, fiberglassed, tuned to 31 hz. He played a sweep tone and I maxed out at a 138.8 db at 35 hz....is that WAY to peaky for that 15"? I'm considering building a new box, this one now hits crazy lows though (1)Fi BTL 15 (1)AQ 2200d 4.33 Cubes~33hz Big Three done XS 1200 in the back
FreelandKustomz Posted March 30, 2009 Report Posted March 30, 2009 Seems like a decent number, and our tuned down to 35 hz, So lower hitting songs will play louder than higher freq songs. If your trying compete generally a higher freq peak is better. But i say your good if you just want to street beat it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.