Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, so i purchased a set of Jl audio C5 6.5 component speakers almost a year ago and installed them in my 2000 Ford Ranger. I am running them off of a Jl audio 300/4 and I have a set of tr 5x7s in the rear. About 2 months after I bought the C5s, one of the tweeters completely quit working on me. I sent it in because I still had warranty and two days later the other one quit working. I finally got both of them back about 4 months ago and realized that if I changed my equalizer to a rock setting, it might not play too much mids through the tweeters. I was using an alpine 11-band equalizer. This setting worked for a long time and I figured my tweeters were quitting because I had too much mid in them and I had no trouble at all. A week and a half ago I removed my equalizer in hope of getting a product from audiocontrol and I ran my rcas straight from my cd player to my amps. Just today I noticed that another tweeter quit working on me and I am tired of dealing with this and I need some input on why my tweeters keep blowing. Is it too much power or the way I set my amp? because I have it set to JL settings as of now that I got from their site....they don't smell blown...so I dunno...I must not know what Im doing...can anyone help??

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Posted

tweeters dont usually stink like a sub or mid would, they just stop

im assuming you used the included crossovers, in which case you can really feed them mids, since the crossover will filter it out

what you can do is push the amp a bit too hard and cause it to clip, this sounds like crackling, think of that sound you heard on old records. The other way i've described it is "popcorn in your tweeter"

it may not be your fault, it could just be badly compressed or low quality music, something like that new Kanye cd is clipped to fuck and will def damage tweeters

tweeters are pretty sensitive to clipped/screwed up signals.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Posted

your either clipping the hell out of them, or your crossover frequency is in a bad place

Posted

I am using the crossovers given and have the tweeters set on REF.... and I have had similar problems with tweeters in the past...could it be an amp problem? because I have kept the same amp and I used to have a setup with Jl 6x9 VR coax and added tr tweeters in my old dodge and they always went out on me and I gave up on trs and went with the c5's thinking I couldnt break them...but I am having just as much trouble...I am thinking of going mb quart components or installing coax xrs and running tweeters on a separate amp but turned way down....

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Posted

and when u say crossover frequency in a bad place what do u mean?

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1021 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...