Some Wiring Questions

i think the only thing that confuses me is the wiring..heres my question..lets say i want to put a battery in the back it will be connected to the battery thats under my hood obviously..so lets say the distance from the front battery to the back battery is 17 feet would that mean i would need 34 feet of wire to properly connect the rear battery?also what if im using 2 batteries in the back how much more 0 gauge wire would i need? at $100 a kit for the kicker pkd1 i dont want to buy anymore then i actually need..

i think the only thing that confuses me is the wiring..heres my question..lets say i want to put a battery in the back it will be connected to the battery thats under my hood obviously..so lets say the distance from the front battery to the back battery is 17 feet would that mean i would need 34 feet of wire to properly connect the rear battery?also what if im using 2 batteries in the back how much more 0 gauge wire would i need? at $100 a kit for the kicker pkd1 i dont want to buy anymore then i actually need..

Just buy the wire in bulk. It's a lot cheaper.

And if you are just running a positive from the hood and doing a chassis ground, then you only need the 17 feet (assuming that's what it takes to hide it). And just connect the 2nd battery to the one next to it. You won't need much extra. It all depends on your placement. If you run a ground wire to the hood as well, then you obviously need double the wire.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Just buy the wire in bulk. It's a lot cheaper.

And if you are just running a positive from the hood and doing a chassis ground, then you only need the 17 feet (assuming that's what it takes to hide it). And just connect the 2nd battery to the one next to it. You won't need much extra. It all depends on your placement. If you run a ground wire to the hood as well, then you obviously need double the wire.

i think a 100' spindle is about $500 but i want the pkd1 kits because it comes with just about everything else i need..also i was thinking about connecting it to the chassis...to be honest i was a long time ago i had completely forgot until you just mentioned it..thanx for the help bro..

Archived