Power Question

Right now I have an Optima Yellow Top Battery (http://www.darvex.com/8014-045/Optima+Yellow+Top+CCA+870+Amps+Battery.html) under the hood of my car (just got it installed today) and an 80amp alternator (stock). I have the big 3 done. This all powers a 300rms amp. I was wondering if the battery and alternator would be able to handle a 1000rms amp (Alpine MRP-M1000).

Thanks Greg

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

Right now I have an Optima Yellow Top Battery (http://www.darvex.com/8014-045/Optima+Yellow+Top+CCA+870+Amps+Battery.html) under the hood of my car (just got it installed today) and an 80amp alternator (stock). I have the big 3 done. This all powers a 300rms amp. I was wondering if the battery and alternator would be able to handle a 1000rms amp (Alpine MRP-M1000).

Thanks Greg

Of course!

My camry has stock battery stock 80-90 amp alternator no big 3 and it's able to power 1200 watt rms system + components.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Of course!

My camry has stock battery stock 80-90 amp alternator no big 3 and it's able to power 1200 watt rms system + components.

Don't your lights dim at all?

Mine dimmed a lot until I installed a new battery and now it doesn't flinch at all.

Greg

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

you will have a little light dim but watch your voltage.

your lights will dim from a small voltage drop like 14.4 to 14 volts.

so don't worry about the lights dimming unless it bugs you.

as long as your voltage doesn't drop more than a volt and a half when your bass hits you will be fine.

for example if you have 14.5 with no load and then 13 volts when your system hits then you should think about upgrading.

when my system hits i only see a max voltage drop of .2 volts.

i have a optima up front, big 3 and a stock 130 amp alt running about 1600 watts rms daily.

O alright. I was planning on taking out the 300rms system and adding a 1000rms system but I'm not 100% sure if it would be alright though. lol

Greg

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Hmm.

My lights do dim a little :(

Most of the time my voltage is above 12.5 to 13.7 or so but when I play a song like White Girls (Slowed) and one of my bass mechnanic songs that has crazy lows, my voltage goes down to like 11.4 and that's why i'm upgrading my electrical right now

I'm hoping that after I do the big 3 and getting a new battery that everything will be fine

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

general rule is 1000 watts equals 100 amps

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

Archived