1989 Dodge Ramcharger 2wd Air Bag

Ok I have a 1989 Dodge Ramcharger 2wd. I want to put air bags on it and drop pretty low and put some Boss 304 wheels on it. Anyone know of a good place to get a kit? Also how hard is it to install and any modifications that are hard to do?

Thanks

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

dout you will find anything airbagit.com is the oniy place to find odd things get your front brackets from there and piece together every thing else suicide ,grunion,gravity works

are all cool

I am totally new to all of this so please bear with me. So I buy front and rear brackets from airbagit and get the rest from suicide doors?

What compressor will I need?

What and how many valves?

Where do I get get actual bags from?

How much would it lower the vehicle?

Never messed with this before so I am a total noon, sorry about all the questions. I guess just want to know everything that I am going to have to buy.

Thanks

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

you can buy the rest of the set up where ever (except from airbagit.com).

what compressors you need will depend on how many gallons you have,and the play time/refill time you want.

but something simple, i would suggest around 7-8 gallons an a pair of Viair 480s.

as for valves you will need 8,and you will have FBSS and what ever other movements you like(depends on how many switches you have) i would recommend GC Xtreme valves,they're great valves and are decently priced.

bags can be bought any where you like. just go with Slam Specialties RE7 bags for front and back.

how much your Ramcharger will be lowered will vary on a few things

1. cup height

2. tire and wheel combo

3. rear suspension setup (i.e. four link,bags over axle,mono leaf etc)

but the front should be pretty dang low( if you have short enough cups) it should almost lay front crossmember.

the rear will be a bit tricky. to achive maximum drop a four link and step notch will be needed,but if you dont want to go that far you can get away with a bag over axle/mono leaf setup. but i dont highly recomend it(only if youre on a budget and you plan on doing a four link)plus the ride is way to harsh.

Archived