Second Skin Audio

15 Inch Sub Box

i have a pontiac grand prix and the max deminsion is 16.5 height 33 wide and the max is like 27 but at that 27 its close to the trunk.you think i could get a good fit with out too much?

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

do your seats fold down?

have you already built a box or do you want some advice on something your building?

how much room would that 27 leave between the trunk and the box?

nope seats dont fold down but in the center it does.and i have a pre fab box in there like a sealed one i know those subs arnt ment in a sealed box but it was my only option but now i can build a box adn that 27 not that much just like a inch more and it'll be against the trunk so i was thinking of more like 24

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

with those dimensions you'll have a lil less than 7 cu ft. that will be good. 3.5 per sub.

is that with the 24 or the 27?how much cu ft is it for the 24 inch length?

Edited by Beanz

with outside dimension it is roughly 7.5 with the 24.

internal dimension, port area and area of subs will put you a lil under 7. maybe 6.5

are we talking aero port's or in a L port?so then i can get good air space for the 24 length then all right.

i have the exact same sub (see avatar) and they do not like small enclosures at all. i noticed that when i put mine in a much bigger box (it used to be in a 2.5cuft box).

great subs though, hardly get warm for anything

Edited by tequila

'99 Civic hatch

18" AA Chaos - 7cuft @ 34hz - 114sq in. port

Mac Audio Fearless ~ 1000wrms @ 2 Ohms

Videos:

Youtube

i have the exact same sub (see avatar) and they do not like small enclosures at all. i noticed that when i put mine in a much bigger box (it used to be in a 2.5cuft box).

great subs though, hardly get warm for anything

in what type of vehicle was that in when you had the sub in 2.5 cuft?

*nver mind i saw it in the aviatar.i have mine in a SMALL enclsuse and it Knocks just i want it to be ported thats all.

Edited by Beanz

in what type of vehicle was that in when you had the sub in 2.5 cuft?

*nver mind i saw it in the aviatar.i have mine in a SMALL enclsuse and it Knocks just i want it to be ported thats all.

well ive got a vid on youtube with my old small enclosure with an external flexible aeroport tuned at around 36hz. box was 2.57 cuft.

it looked like shit but sounded pretty decent.

it flexed some doors and windshield wipers moved around, the windshield flexed a bit but the camera doesnt pick up shit.

'99 Civic hatch

18" AA Chaos - 7cuft @ 34hz - 114sq in. port

Mac Audio Fearless ~ 1000wrms @ 2 Ohms

Videos:

Youtube