Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sub Box?


Docbar

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey whats up guys.... need a little advice please

I have a mercury mountaineer, so basically a ford explorer if that helps haha I am going to build a ported box for one 12 inch sub. I need some help with some things like..... port sizes and all the port lengths? facing the sub and port in which direction? ect. Anyone have a good box calculator too, that might help me out? I plan on tunning the box at about 33-35 also. last thing, anyone have any cool ideas for the box? as of now I plan on just a simple rectangular box with a rectangle port.

Thanks

1995 Jeep Yj

Rubicon Express Lift

BFG Tires

Warn 9000lbs Winch

KC offroad lights

1999 Mercury Mountaineer

(need to install)

12in Sub

Soundstream Amp

1/0 wire

4 Channle Amp

Replace the factory head unit

Posted

What sub do you plan on using?

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Posted
What sub do you plan on using?

My sub is a Soundstream T-5 12 inch. 900 watts RMS, but I will be giving it 1000 watts.

Let me know if you need anything else.

1995 Jeep Yj

Rubicon Express Lift

BFG Tires

Warn 9000lbs Winch

KC offroad lights

1999 Mercury Mountaineer

(need to install)

12in Sub

Soundstream Amp

1/0 wire

4 Channle Amp

Replace the factory head unit

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4815 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...