Second Skin Audio

Help Please! Doing Multiple Speaker Work

solo z

as the title says folks! im helping a friend out right now. we are trying to wire (3) 4ohm dvc 12cvrs around 2-ohm load....my math is a bit off but i was thinking.....

if i run two of them Parallel/Parallel(1ohm) and the 3rd sub in parallel (2ohm) to mono amp that would give 1.5ohm or am i way off?

if so would ...

paralle/parallel(1ohm) then series 3rd(8ohm) = 4ohm load?

series/parallel(4ohm) the parallel 3rd(2ohm) = 3ohm load?

Amp is hifonics 1500@1ohm

being that his electrical is complety stock and he will also be using 4gauge all the way around (yeah i know but he is hard headed) im kind of hesistant of wiring it to 1.5 in fear of it shutting down every 20 minutes r so.

reason being i see alot of hifonic amps go into protection if they dnt get good voltage which i doubt he will see....what load do you guys think we should go for?? i want to try 1.5 but seems like it might get the amp hot quick with stock eletrical....3-ohm sound better?

oh yeah this is my first time doing hands on wiring myself so PLEASE help a brotha out :clapping:

post-20410-1238875060_thumb.png

Here's the best you can do.

GREAT THANKS!

so according to this my question: "parallel/parallel(1ohm) then series 3rd(8ohm) = 4ohm load?"

my math is wrong right? where did i calculate different becuase in that picture its the same configuratoin im talking about running?????

That is wired with the voice coils in series and then the subs in parallel

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.

Archived