Today some of my buddies called and asked if I wanted to go hit some mud holes. Of course I was down so before I loaded up my 250ex I filled it up with gas and checked the oil. The oil was pretty low and I didn't have anymore oil that I bought from the Honda shop but I found some other oil that said "For small air cooled engines SAE30" or something along those lines. I wasn't sure about using it so I called my buddy to make sure and he said it was fine. Well after riding for a little bit one of my buddies told me smoke was coming out of exhaust pipe pretty badly. I'm just wondering if it was the oil that I used or something else.

Anyone got any ideas of what is causing this?

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

lol i think you used too light weight of oil and its getting into the cylinder and your engines burning it check the manual or the oil cap to see what the manufacturer recomends, on my 230 it takes 10w-40 not sayin their anywhere near the same but you can see how just because its a small air cooled motor doesnt mean it takes lightweight oil.

id also drain the oil and put the right weight oil back in so you dont keep burnin the light oil you put in

you changed the viscosity of the oil! although it was better to top the oil off rather than just run it low... now you need to change it.

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Archived