Hey SMD, gotta aquestion. Dont know if im in the right section but i thought id ask. My wife has a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT sedan which is mildly put together (pics of it will be up soon) well, the fuel level gauge is in operable. Meaning that its stuck on full, but when it runs out of petro, the needle goes down to the "E" and the light comes on. Everything else on the dash works perfectly except for the gauge. Is there a way to fix this?

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

Most likely either the sending unit or the electronics to it are shot. I'd start by dropping the tank and testing with a volt meter whether the sending unit is working or not.

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Most likely either the sending unit or the electronics to it are shot. I'd start by dropping the tank and testing with a volt meter whether the sending unit is working or not.

Kev

I don't want to doubt your experience in automotive but I am unsure myself. Wouldn't the sending unit be accessed by either under the rear seat or by the trunk,eliminating the need to drop the tank?

Hey SMD, gotta aquestion. Dont know if im in the right section but i thought id ask. My wife has a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT sedan which is mildly put together (pics of it will be up soon) well, the fuel level gauge is in operable. Meaning that its stuck on full, but when it runs out of petro, the needle goes down to the "E" and the light comes on. Everything else on the dash works perfectly except for the gauge. Is there a way to fix this?

check the to see if there are any shorts or cut or open wires then check the unit itself and go from there!!

I don't want to doubt your experience in automotive but I am unsure myself. Wouldn't the sending unit be accessed by either under the rear seat or by the trunk,eliminating the need to drop the tank?

depends on the car

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

It really depends on the vehicle. Most vehicle manufactures actually put it on/inside the gas tank, since the float device is really what tells the sending unit the level of fuel in which remains.

You could also have a stuck float...which is why it reads full and empty only but this too would require dropping the tank

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

I know for a fact that my unit is in my tank, and it works from empty to half tank, anything over a 1/2 tank it says its full.. haven't got around to dropping the rearend out and tank because when i do i'd rather swap in a 4th gen tank and rear end while im at to make it all worth the time.

It can be a hassle if you don't know what you're doing, mainly its just time and patience dropping it out and checking it.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

we have a 02mont carlo at the lot and it has the exact same problem (same motor same car basicly) and it had the fuel sending unit replaced and worked perfectly.

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

Fuel Sending unit... had the same thing happen in my 1999 Malibu.

once i dropped the tank and replaced it. boom... fixed!