Sundown Audio

Curious Where To Buy Amplifier Parts? Id Like To Try And Fix My Old Amplifier

well im pretty sure it was from my battery low voltage and to much bassboost.

but if it does pop again then ill trash the amp and say at least i tried. ;)

thanks for the web link! ill have to order those and solder them in. im decent at soldering so it shouldnt be a problem. hardest part is desoldering to me since i dont have one of those fancy desoldering tools. i just use the desoldering braid stuff. works alright at least.

worst case id say is i waste 10bucks and 1hour. i have some crappy subs ill hook it up to to test it just so im sure it doesnt hurt any good equipment at least just to test it out..

thanks for your guys help. ill have my fingers crossed it was just a fluke or bad mosfet since the two mosfets are different.... same numbers but one has numbers pressed into it and the other is printed on it. so looks to me like it could have just been poor quality part. i dont think i used this amplifier for to long. cannt remember tho. i think i used it for 2months in the crx and a month in the truck before i started going big.

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

They can blow for all sorts of reasons, it might have been too much current draw or it might be another bad part and they'll go poof in your face :) Who knows, as you say its pretty cheap to find out :)

When you de-solder them be careful to make sure they're completely desoldered before you try and pull them out, you don't want to damage the tracks or any through-hole plating.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!