Sonic Electronix

Yes i did know that, so are you trying to say is that i should get two T215D4 wired in a 1Ohm load format

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

and then tone my amp watts down to 1000Wrms @ 1ohm? i didn't see that set-up when i was working all this out.

Edit: Does having different wiring setups to make different ohm loads change anything to do with the way the sub handles bass or it's frequencies? i know the difference between D2 and D4 is that D4 take more effort to run.

Edited by Starion82

Yes i did know that, so are you trying to say is that i should get two T215D4 wired in a 1Ohm load format

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

and then tone my amp watts down to 1000Wrms @ 1ohm? i didn't see that set-up when i was working all this out.

Edit: Does having different wiring setups to make different ohm loads change anything to do with the way the sub handles bass or it's frequencies? i know the difference between D2 and D4 is that D4 take more effort to run.

Dual 4's takes more effort to run? I dont see it being any more difficult then any other woofer wiring. That would change the ohm load to 1 at the amp giving 1500+ watts to the two subs roughly 750+ per sub. And why would you want to tone the watts down to 1000 watts.

Edited by Crump-T1

I'm not sure, it's all new and confusing but i understand now, so, with 2 x T215D4 wired in a 1 Ohm load @ 1500wrms. Each sub will be getting 750wrms. which is 250wrms from there max 1000wrms.

Yeah, but that amp puts out more than said RMS. Its probably like 1700-1800 watts rms @ 1 ohm. So like 850-900 watts rms per sub. However those subs can handle 1250 watts without breaking a sweat. So since its new to you, if you have seen steve meades Tahoe build hes got 2000 watts rms subs, he gives them 4000 watts each. Those "Max" numbers pretty much warn you so you dont over power them too much. :spiteful:

Edited by Crump-T1