Sonic Electronix

No Explanation Really Lol :: Please Read All

So i am about to hook up my old system because i am sick of having no bass for weeks while waiting for my new shit.

My old subs (2 memphis street edge 10s) are in a sealed enclosure, and i was wondering if i should cut a port into it somewhere? It does have carpet on it, but can i just take a jigsaw to it or something? How wide and tall should it be for 2 10s?

ALSO, my amp is a little street edge 50w at 4 ohm and 75w at 2 ohms lol, but when i had it installed they have the gain all the way up, and the lpf about half way past 50 and hpf on 50, or the lowest. Also the bass boost is on, but if i turn the gain all the way down or have just a little, you can barely tell i have subs :/ so will i blow the amp or my subs if i continue to run it with gain all the way and bass boost on? I'm using 8 gauge wire if it makes any diff, and i sold this already so i dont want to blow them lol. Also my filter is set on HPF instead of flat or low?? I do get clipping if i turn my volume too loud but i can deal with it lower if i have to.

THANK YOU IF YOU CAN ANSWER ALL/MOST OF THAT LMAO ;)

NO wrong idea with the port. they dont work like that. you maybe cant tell you have subs bc your running them on basically no power. you are also cutting out all the bass with the lpf on 50.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

NO wrong idea with the port. they dont work like that. you maybe cant tell you have subs bc your running them on basically no power. you are also cutting out all the bass with the lpf on 50.

my HPF is 50hz, lpf is just above 50 a little.

ok nvm i looked at i wrong but if possible try them on another amp to see what happens.

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

to me it looks like you need to turn the filter switch to full and then turn downt hte lpf knob. i think. maybe someone else will come in .

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

to me it looks like you need to turn the filter switch to full and then turn downt hte lpf knob. i think. maybe someone else will come in .

top left is bass boost on or off next to that (top right) is filter LPF FLAT or HPF, it's on HPF there is no FULL option

First circle under is Gain (max), then LPF (prolly 60 or 80hz iono) the HPF(50hz)

ok then put it on the lpf. no highs should go through amp if its for subs.

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

Archived