Unless you've had experience with the Monty Hall paradox, you shouldn't answer this question.

On the show Deal or no Deal, if you were all the way down to your box and one left on the stage, .01 and 1,000,000 were left on the board, would it be to your benefit to choose the box on the stage? It would for sure be true if the host had opened all but one box then offered you a choice, but would the probablility hold true if you were making the choices?

I'm a math major, but I don't know how to apply psychology into statistics and uncertainty.

A little background: On the show Let's Make a Deal, they show you three doors. One has a car and the other two a goat. You choose a door for yourself, then the host reveals a different door with a goat. Assuming the setup was random and the host knew what was behind the doors, it would be to your benefit to switch doors increasing your probablility of winning to 2/3. (If you don't understand why I can elaborate a bit)

I'm not sure if this would apply to Deal or No Deal since the choices would ultimately be yours.

I understand if I don't get any responses, but hopefully somebody will chime in!

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/