I have a rfx 9420 head unit. My question is this... I want to know if it is possible to hook up a mic to the aux inputs in my deck? has anyone ever tried this? If so can you tell me what to do? also,...is there a way to play music and have a mic hooked up at the same time? thanks john

I have a rfx 9420 head unit. My question is this... I want to know if it is possible to hook up a mic to the aux inputs in my deck? has anyone ever tried this? If so can you tell me what to do? also,...is there a way to play music and have a mic hooked up at the same time? thanks john

Not sure why you'd want to...karaoke maybe?

But, yes. If you hooked a mic into an auxiliary input, then you would have access to it. Feedback would be a bitch though inside the car.

If your highs are amped, then piggyback RCAs would allow you to add the mic into the amp along with your highs, but once again, the feedback would be a bitch.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Not sure why you'd want to...karaoke maybe?

But, yes. If you hooked a mic into an auxiliary input, then you would have access to it. Feedback would be a bitch though inside the car.

If your highs are amped, then piggyback RCAs would allow you to add the mic into the amp along with your highs, but once again, the feedback would be a bitch.

good deal thanks,.. my girlfriend and her friends said it would be cool. So i was just wondering if i could do it. feedback would def be a problem, I didnt think of that. and yes my highs are ran off an amp. It would be cheap to try,..so i will I'll let you know how it works. thanks

i actually did this with my cam corder the other day, it worked but as neo said the feedback could be god awful at times, was more of a fun little experiment to see if it would work on my flip out screen.