Sonic Electronix

my sub started smokein today, its gettin to much power from the amp. :aggressive:

the sub is a auidopulse axis, rated for 2500rms. the amp is a MTX Audio TE4001D Thunder Elite it puts out about 3750rms.

any ideas on a 15" that can handle 3000-3500rms? DC lvl5?

this is in a ported box, 3.5cuft, and a daily driver. thanx for any ideas!

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

my sub started smokein today, its gettin to much power from the amp. :aggressive:

the sub is a auidopulse axis, rated for 2500rms. the amp is a MTX Audio TE4001D Thunder Elite it puts out about 3750rms.

any ideas on a 15" that can handle 3000-3500rms? DC lvl5?

this is in a ported box, 3.5cuft, and a daily driver. thanx for any ideas!

not to be an ass, but your amp isnt going to put out 3750rms unless you make it. so why didnt you just turn the gain down if you knew you was overpowering the sub the whole time? get Fi15'' BTL its 2000rms but you can push 3000 to it if you are smart about it

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

man any sub if ran at that much wattage could get smoke BUT thats if your doin sumthing wrong like you have your gain too much and you are clipping the crap out of it.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Try a kicker solo X.

hear it wont really like daily use,

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

the gain is down so no clipping. the EQ boost is also down now.

i guess i'll just watch it close from now on. but i'd still like more suggestions on subs that can take that much power, so i dont hav to worry so much. thanx

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

the gain is down so no clipping. the EQ boost is also down now.

i guess i'll just watch it close from now on. but i'd still like more suggestions on subs that can take that much power, so i dont hav to worry so much. thanx

look into DC, AQ (maybe) kicker like other guy said, or wait for the new Fi line to come out. TC subs are nice also

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

look into DC, AQ (maybe) kicker like other guy said, or wait for the new Fi line to come out. TC subs are nice also

i was thinkin bout a dc lvl 5. im not so sure bout audioque or kicker tho... wats gunna be new in the Fi area?

audiopulse, the sub i hav now, is a part of tc, so idk bout that either.

i was hopein the new SMD sub would be out soon, its rated 3500

Archived