White4d96's Grand Prix: Budgets, Bolt-ons and BASS!

Here's the setup thus far:

Sony 6201P HU w/ iPod connect

Posted Image

Not pictured: MB Quart EKA 113 coax doors (think tweeters are blown though)

Alpine SWS-1042Ds in crappy prefab sealed box- ~.9 ft^3 per chamber

Posted Image

Posted Image

Current pass. side woofer had to be repaired: frame of spider had come unglued from basket. I epoxied it back down, but I think I need to take it out again and make sure it's centered...test soon if i can get a chance to do so.

Craptacular Sony 800w amp, bridged to 4 ohms, '350w' RMS, set on MDF board gifted to me by a friend who is parting out his old car:

Posted Image

PS- sub/amp orientation is temporary. Subs will be regular mounted after I finish some troubleshooting, and when I get some length on my wiring (currently 8ga. Fosgate, soon to be 4ga. Streetwires) I will be switching the placements of the sub and amp and solid-mounting everything.

Too many projects, too little time...

Just installed a set of Alpine Type S by nines in the factory location, which popped from the woofer. So! I dug through the parts bin and did some thinking...

The result?

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's really rough right now, and I need to find a more solid way of mounting them, but I think I have an idea... Updates soon.

EDIT: the back seat was not in when I was mounting these, hence the headrests being in the way...D'OH! That will be fixed shortly.

• 3 weeks later...

Built a new ported box this weekend using manufacturer's recommendations, 'cause my old one shook apart. Vids are in the appropriate section, and pics of construction will be up when my friend emails them to me. This is my first box build, and I had a lot of help, so I cannot claim full credit: gotta thank my buddy Jayson and his dad for the help and tools. Without them I woulda had to redo this build many times.

• 1 month later...

The past few days I have been working on redoing the front baffle of my box, because the subs were not in a line and I was getting noise out of the left port. 4" ports going in tomorrow and gluing the new baffle on. No pics so far but will get some tomorrow and some vids of other changes in the car! Lots of stuff has changed!

Some updates from the past few months.

Posted Image

What's that? Another amp!?

Power Acoustik amp is running my subs and the Sony is running the mids and highs.

Posted Image

Bass knob mounted under front seat. Love that setup.

Posted Image

New front baffle with 4" ports

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

COMING SOON:

Marine batt in the back

Big 3?

New by-nines since I blew one up today (least I hope it was a by-nine)

• 5 months later...

Well, lotsa updates coming here. Got 1/0 wire (thanks 99vic), got 2 SWR 1222d's (Thanks Rogers) and got an MTX 81000d in a trade via Craigslist. I also had a freak accident with the Sony, so I had to replace it with a CDX-GT33W. I put the R's the old S box 'temporarily' and 3 months later, will HOPEFULLY be building a new box during my winter holiday if it ever stops raining/snowing/sleeting/being nasty here. I got the wood, the plans, and a circular saw, just need the garage to dry out and beg/borrow/steal a router and Jasper jig for the circle cuts.

ANYHOW! Have some pitchas!

wire

25November003.jpg

new woofaz!

100_1051.jpg

some amp gutz

25November007.jpg

more will come soonish. I needz some feedback!

looks like a good start to gettin loud, make sure those aero ports are tuned the way you want them, any idea on what they are tuned to now?

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

Like the transformation of the system, that mtx amp should do nicely!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

• 8 months later...

I knew I had a build thread somewhere!

I got a truckload of pictures to throw up here, and will have more as I start throwing my new setup together. The MTX took a dump on me, but didn't burn anything up? idk I can't diagnose it. I'll be trying a local repair place that some DOA guys trust and see what happens there. Otherwise I have a KX800.4 that I could run the R's with after it gets reboarded (low cash=hoarding broken stuff =P)

For now, I have a crappy Pioneer amp running my doors, and those by-nines in the factory speaker spots off the deck. The x9's gotta go; they are quite crunchy.

I was bored today so I did a photoshoot and some vids of my exhaust: just a res delete and a Thrush Turbo.

100_1621.jpg

100_1622.jpg

100_1610.jpg

100_1605.jpg

100_1602.jpg

100_1598.jpg

100_1597.jpg

100_1593.jpg

Archived