Need Help With Mids And Highs

Bumpindemlowzz

I ran into a post that was running some 6-1/2 woofers and seperate tweeters. Im wondering how i would wire them up to my factory speaker wire runs. Would i need crossovers. All i ordered were the 6-1/2 midbass woofers and the tweeters what else do i need to make it work? They are both 4 ohm and i have a alpine deck not stock and wont be amping them till i get the cash but will be.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

crossovers would be best but what you could do is this.

not optimal by any means.

get inline crossovers (also know as bass blockers) wire the tweeter with the in-line that you want (say 10K HZ)

do the same with your mid speaker. (i'd use a 80 HZ). run them off there own channel.

you could only do a front stage if you did this.

or you could wire the left and rights together but you would have really low power.

i know with my alpine 9886 i can only control the hpf for the channels coming out of it so you might be ok without in-lines on the tweeter. and then run the mids active.

just quit being a wimp and get a 4 channel amp. puss. ;)

crossovers would be best but what you could do is this.

not optimal by any means.

get inline crossovers (also know as bass blockers) wire the tweeter with the in-line that you want (say 10K HZ)

do the same with your mid speaker. (i'd use a 80 HZ). run them off there own channel.

you could only do a front stage if you did this.

or you could wire the left and rights together but you would have really low power.

i know with my alpine 9886 i can only control the hpf for the channels coming out of it so you might be ok without in-lines on the tweeter. and then run the mids active.

just quit being a wimp and get a 4 channel amp. puss. ;)

I will be when i get the cash. Would it be ok if i get 100 rms woofer with 75 rms tweeters just to run one 75x4 amplifier. Ill have two sets one for front one for back instead of 6x9's

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I will be when i get the cash. Would it be ok if i get 100 rms woofer with 75 rms tweeters just to run one 75x4 amplifier. Ill have two sets one for front one for back instead of 6x9's

The tweeters im getting include the crossovers but they are only like 12db+-. Rockford has 24db+- or something. Does anyone know if they will sound halfway decent off the deck without amp for a while?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

• 2 weeks later...

290-025_s.jpg

This 6-1/2" poly-mica cone midbass woofer features a foam surround, bumped back plate design, and 30 oz. magnet structure. Ideal for use as a woofer in 2-way systems or midrange in 3-way systems. *Power handling: 100 watts RMS/200 watts max *VCdia: 1" *Impedance: 4 ohms *Frequency response: 65-3,600 Hz *Magnet structure weight: 30 oz. *Fs: 67 Hz *SPL: 96 dB 1W/1m *Vas: 0.02 cu. ft. *Qms: 3.72 *Qes: .93 *Qts: .74 *Mfg. #W64 *Two-year manufacturer's warranty *Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 6-1/2", Cutout Diameter: 5-3/4", Mounting Depth: 2-3/4".

267-748_s.jpg

This versatile mylar dome tweeter pair features a powerful neodymium magnet system and can be flush, swivel or surface mounted. Ferro fluid enhancement to the voice coils extends the power handling capacity. Frequency response: 1,300-22,000 Hz. Power handling: 75 watts RMS/150 watts max Impedance: 4 ohms. SPL: 92 dB 1W/1m. 2-1/8" overall diameter. Requires 1-3/4" hole for flush mount. Includes 12dB/oct crossovers, mount kits, and hardware. Net weight: 1/2 lb. per pair.

Includes 12dB/oct crossovers

I was thinking about making a component system out of these any good? I plan on amping them later on with a 75x4 amp... Any good? I couldnt see spending 400 on component system when i need 8 sets...

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Archived