Wiring... Holy Crap.....

So my install, while coming along at a glacial pace, is at the point where I need to start looking at some wiring and connectors etc.... a lot of small shit where the costs really start to add up.

The more I look the more I see so many different types of wires, and what makes them so much better than the rest, justifying some outrageous price. There is nothing locally (London, Ontario... Custom shops are extinct here, its box stores and pre-fab boxes all over the place) which makes it all that much harder. Conversion rates, shipping, and UPS with their bullshit fees when something crosses the border.

What I need is some good quality wiring that doesn't carry a competition price tag, My system consists of some budget amps right now, and a couple of budget subs (Insignia NS-P2000) I'm looking a little bit long term in that I want some good wiring so I only need to drop in upgraded amps later on down the road, this way I won't need to go back re-wire stuff over and over again, at the same time I don't want to spend thousands of dollars for top-quality sound.

This is the wiring I need, But I don't know where to look for the best price (Canadian sources would be bomb) and more importantly I don't really know which brands are good quality other than the expensive stuff like Streetwires, Tsunami, and some of the monster stuff.

For RCA Cables I think I might go with Monster 101XLN Interconnects. Princess auto has them on dirt cheap, and I know Monster is pretty good, but how about those specific brand of interconnects?

I need to upgrade my big 3, which will require a bit of a different approach than normal, since I need to rewire my starter/alt/battery connection. right now it goes Alt>Starter>Battery. I haven't figured out how I'm going to rewire this, but I'm thinking of just going >alt>battery>starter with 1/0 all the way if I can.

This leads me to wonder which 1/0 wire is a good wire for a decent price, and furthermore, which terminals should one use.

I've got to wire up two amps, I'm considering running 1/0 to my trunk and splitting it into 2 4ga to power each amp (500W bridged each, will be running at 250W)

Where am I going to need fuses/holders? those anl fuse holders are expensive, where is a cheap place to buy them? waterproof?

Also, I do want stuff that looks good, and no I don't just want blingified shit, I just think things should be "easy on the eyes" when you look at them.

I'm going to use the 101XLN interlinks, since they were available locally at Princess Auto for $3.71/5m .... so I picked up 3 sets.

What the hell, they should be good for my system and def better than some no name knock off brand.

The biggest problem is the 1/0 I need.

How is Pyramid wire? another local place has Pyramid 4ga wire cheap..... but I know Pyramid is also a pretty shitty brand..... I wouldn't shit in there speakers, the loaf would be worth more.

I'm going to use the 101XLN interlinks, since they were available locally at Princess Auto for $3.71/5m .... so I picked up 3 sets.

What the hell, they should be good for my system and def better than some no name knock off brand.

The biggest problem is the 1/0 I need.

How is Pyramid wire? another local place has Pyramid 4ga wire cheap..... but I know Pyramid is also a pretty shitty brand..... I wouldn't shit in there speakers, the loaf would be worth more.

Check out Scorpion. Good wire & its a lil easier on the pockets.

you ever looked in to knukoncets? almost is, if not better then a big brand wire like kicker or rockford fosgate

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.