New Door Ideas

I'm sick of my 5.25" doors; I think theyre too small to make any real noise, and I keep blowing them out. I am looking for either a decent set of 5.25's that could take 50w RMS RELIABLY and could be decently loud on HU power until I get to that point, or for a way to adapt 6.5" speakers to the stock location. Vehicle is a 1996 Grand Prix, and the speakers are mounted in factory plastic housings. Any ideas?

Too many projects, too little time...

Turn it down till you get an amp?

what do you mean by "blow them out" ?

and are you looking for bass from the fronts or just mid/highs? do you have them on a HPF?

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I think my HU clips at about 22-23; I never have it above 20.

Current set, the tweeters are getting scratchy, and the left side is starting to 'scream' when it plays.

Mostly looking for mid/highs; I have by-nines in the rear for midbass.

Equipment is shown below

In less than a year operating the car, I have gone through three sets: the OE replacements in the car, a cheap set of Duals, and now these MB Quarts are on their way out. Last two sets were coax's. I considered trying to cram some comps in, but I'm scared to cut up my doors for the tweeters. I am an absolute newb at anything other than basic speaker replacement and sub installs.

Edited by ktownsdriftking

jbl power, i think the model is p560

infinity kappa

rockford power

or if you got some cake, kicker ss/jbl gti

i heard the hertz stuff is really good but i never played with it myself

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

you can make a baffle to convert the 5.25 into a 6.5 speaker. Depending on your mounting depth you could use .25", .50" or .75" mdf an make that to cover the factory hole in the panel an then cut your circle for the new 6.5. as for a set of components phoenix gold rsd's are hard to beat for the money. I ran mine off HU power forawhile an they sounded good for what it was.

Heres a pic of my rear door converted a 5x7/6x8 into a 6.5

chadsdoor002-1.jpg

2000 Ford Explorer

2 USAmps MD3Ds

2 18" DC AUdio LVL 4XLs

2 Deka 9A31s

KNU Fleks 1/0 wire

headerjpg-resize.jpg

you can make a baffle to convert the 5.25 into a 6.5 speaker. Depending on your mounting depth you could use .25", .50" or .75" mdf an make that to cover the factory hole in the panel an then cut your circle for the new 6.5. as for a set of components phoenix gold rsd's are hard to beat for the money. I ran mine off HU power forawhile an they sounded good for what it was.

Heres a pic of my rear door converted a 5x7/6x8 into a 6.5

chadsdoor002-1.jpg

Ironic thing is I almost bought RSD's instead of my EKA's...coulda, woulda, shoulda.

*sigh* damn.