from the looks of it i think his wrinkles are just from when he wrapped it

oh didn't notice that, he should have cut the mat into smaller pieces so there are no wrinkles

Well those little ripples in the corner are just from the fleece. All I need for that is to stretch it out and reglue it. I had to pull it back to cut it so I could spot weld the outer ring back on.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Aside from my little forming issue in the corner, give me some honest opinions on the doors. I'd like some feedback since it was my first completed fiberglass enclosure. :give_rose:

great design not the best execusion. by that i mean why did you use mat to form with? why not an old shirt or some cheap fleece from the fabric store. then it would have made for alot less bondo.

NEUMAN

Cool stuff man! Looking forward to seeing the build. Good luck to you on meeting you deadline. :)

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

great design not the best execusion. by that i mean why did you use mat to form with? why not an old shirt or some cheap fleece from the fabric store. then it would have made for alot less bondo.

NEUMAN

I know, I know. I should have gone the fleece route. I had it too obviously. I learned a lot from doing this though. Thanks for the tip!

[email protected]

Don't worry. I start cutting wood Friday since I'm done with work starting then. I'm so damn excited!

And a little no-pic update, the doors are very heavy! Everything fits properly, but the pressure pins won't hold the door on. Bought me some stainless self tapping screws, and I'm gonna make my own mounts.

[email protected]

Don't worry. I start cutting wood Friday since I'm done with work starting then. I'm so damn excited!

And a little no-pic update, the doors are very heavy! Everything fits properly, but the pressure pins won't hold the door on. Bought me some stainless self tapping screws, and I'm gonna make my own mounts.

Man this thing has changed more an more an gotten bigger an better everytime..i cant wait to see what uve done to it now!! an btw doors are badass!!!

I know, I know. I should have gone the fleece route. I had it too obviously. I learned a lot from doing this though. Thanks for the tip!

well thanks for not getting yoru tit all twisted by my comment. the doors look good in the end. how many layers of mat did you lay down?

some smaller pods you don't even need to do multiple layer in. the fleece is thick enough once resin'd up good. but your stuff has alot of flat and/or minimal curve surface areas.

NEUMAN

Archived