Finished The Big 3 After 2 Days :)

There was a big improvement in my electrical.

I haven't had time to take voltage readings at the amp yet but I took some readings at the battery.

Old without yellow top + big 3:

drops down to 11.4 volts (on white girl slowed unclipped with audacity).

New with yellow top + big 3:

drops down to only 12.5 Volts after 30 minute of playing songs (tested with white girl in the end).

With engine on it reads 14.5 volts.

Great stuff! I don't have any cameras to take pictures :(

I think it would have been a lot better readings if I didn't make my ghetto 0 gauge extension for the stock wiring.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Guest KyleCannon

Great to hear!

Funny on my stock alt and after I did only the positive run this is what i got:

IMG_0040.JPG

Hard to read but thats 15.01 volts on a stock alt :P

Great to hear!

Funny on my stock alt and after I did only the positive run this is what i got:

IMG_0040.JPG

Hard to read but thats 15.01 volts on a stock alt :P

WTF! How can this be?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Guest KyleCannon

Well, I wasn't beating on it or anything but thats right after i turned the car on after the upgrade took place. By the time i got home the car realized what happened and it throttled back down haha. But it goes to show you how much better things work with a better electrical system.

Well, I wasn't beating on it or anything but thats right after i turned the car on after the upgrade took place. By the time i got home the car realized what happened and it throttled back down haha. But it goes to show you how much better things work with a better electrical system.

Display is off by a bit... Don't get too excited.. Check with actually dmm

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

Meh.

I'm still a bit surprise that my voltage drops to 12.5 volts with certain songs. I was hoping it would stay above 13 volts.

I have an extra 4-5ft of ground wire left. Are there any places I can add another ground for improvement? Is it worth buying two more ring terminals to use it?

Also, I've read on a lot of forums where people's positive alternator had a rubber thing under a plastic covering. Mine didn't, but was that rubber thing for?

My 0 gauge ring terminal is pretty close to the engine pipe of my car. Should I be worried? How hot does it usually get? I don't want my soldered ring terminals to heat up.

Archived