i'm not sure of the exact db, i don't have any devices to measure ...

i've did a quick google to find sound measurements and comparison charts of different suppressors but didn't find any, i'll have to look more, or you can look yourself. shooting the can dry does not hurt your ears at all, you still hear a gun shot though, when using it wet the sound is reduced to near nothing... the sounds you hear mainly are the slide racking forward and the bullet hitting the target.

i believe ive read before that using a wet can suppresses the sound by an additional 28-36db depending on the conditions and lubricants used.

Here's some info that you mind find interesting. However, it's based on the HK 9. This was a test of many different types of cans..but the results below are specifically on the Gem

H&K USP 9SD

TRINITY dB Unsuppressed dB Suppressed First Round Pop Net Reduction

Remington UMC 147 161.3 139 138.7 22.3

American Eagle 147 161.7 140.9 140.2 20.80

Special K 159.9 136.5 137 23.4

Totals 160.97 138.8 138.63 22.17

Conclusions and Summary

The Gemtech Trinity is not a quiet silencer. As you can hear from the videos, the report of the suppressed shots echo through the woods. I think the design concept is fabulous, but the actual product when shot dry falls VERY short of expectations. The Trinity is barely hearing safe. The Trinity can be fired with an artificial medium, such as CLP, white lithium grease, or other petroleum based medium. Gemtech does not recommend the use of water or water based products. I did a wet test with CLP and discovered that the Gemtech Trinity sound pressure levels can be dropped to 125-127dB for about 10 shots before getting louder.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Here's some info that you mind find interesting. However, it's based on the HK 9. This was a test of many different types of cans..but the results below are specifically on the Gem

H&K USP 9SD

TRINITY dB Unsuppressed dB Suppressed First Round Pop Net Reduction

Remington UMC 147 161.3 139 138.7 22.3

American Eagle 147 161.7 140.9 140.2 20.80

Special K 159.9 136.5 137 23.4

Totals 160.97 138.8 138.63 22.17

Conclusions and Summary

The Gemtech Trinity is not a quiet silencer. As you can hear from the videos, the report of the suppressed shots echo through the woods. I think the design concept is fabulous, but the actual product when shot dry falls VERY short of expectations. The Trinity is barely hearing safe. The Trinity can be fired with an artificial medium, such as CLP, white lithium grease, or other petroleum based medium. Gemtech does not recommend the use of water or water based products. I did a wet test with CLP and discovered that the Gemtech Trinity sound pressure levels can be dropped to 125-127dB for about 10 shots before getting louder.

Yes ... the Blackside is much better than the Trinity however, it's one of the top suppressors on the market as far as I've seen ... (comparing to other Gemtech, AAC and I forgot the other I compared it to when buying)

Nah, i'm with yah. I'm a huge fan of gemtech. I found that review on an NFA forum that I'm a member of, so I just posted it for baseline information for you.

Kev

yeah i love gemtech, and thank you for the information, but keep in mind also that those statistics were the measurements for a 9mm which has a way higher velocity than a .45... so much less of a crack while the bullet is moving :)

9mms are fun to shoot suppressed though, no recoil at all, feels like a .22

• 3 weeks later...

Nice M4 profile. Skinny handguards..what is it..looks like a 14.5 bushy with a permantent brake.

Tell your GF to get an adjustabe stock..it will be much more comfortable than the A2 and dump the A2 upper for an A4 with an Aimpoint M3..and keep it up...that Rocks!!!

Archived