Neo_frog Posted April 19, 2009 Report Posted April 19, 2009 As you guys know I've started my newest build recently. My plan was reduced to 12 10s after measuring a hundred times, so I've been working on my layout. I think I ran into a problem. I was gonna buy the LVL4XLs for this one, but since I'm not gonna have much time before I leave, I was just gonna throw some PR 10s in there for the upcoming competition in IL as a temp setup. The mount hole for the PR is smaller than the DCs! If I ever go to upgrade after it's done, either the current setup won't mount properly, or the holes will have to be made bigger after I get back! What should I do?? Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
Neo_frog Posted April 19, 2009 Author Report Posted April 19, 2009 The only thing I can think of is doing a double baffle with the rear hole 9.25" for the XL and the front mount hole 9" for the PR, then using a cutting bit with a bearing to expand the front hole when I upgrade to 9.25"... What are some other options that I have since this is the easiest one I could think of? Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
raytard Posted April 19, 2009 Report Posted April 19, 2009 make it 9.25 and be careful to center the temps? it'll be like an 8th inch gap all around, not the end of the world, better than most prefabs double baffle thing works as well, i kinda like that idea and it wouldnt take a whole lot of time if you have a router and the right bits, just gonna be alot of dust inside the cruiser to vacuum out Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
Neo_frog Posted April 19, 2009 Author Report Posted April 19, 2009 make it 9.25 and be careful to center the temps? it'll be like an 8th inch gap all around, not the end of the world, better than most prefabsdouble baffle thing works as well, i kinda like that idea and it wouldnt take a whole lot of time if you have a router and the right bits, just gonna be alot of dust inside the cruiser to vacuum out Dust...have you seen my car? I guess I can always test it out on some scrap. The only thing about the double baffle idea is one of my design ideas has them very close to the side wall... Guess I could just test and find out. Thanks for the input! Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.