Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate 800a2

1LoudScort00

hey guys, just wondering if anyone here has had experince with this amp? might be pickin' one up for a nice price to run a pair of 10s, or my single 15.. not too sure yet.. but either way, i need to upgrade from my coustic 600se .. lol

i've heard some things about this amp, such as it being called the "former grill" they catch on fire, etc.. that type of stuff, anyone had any serious problems with these types of amps? does it happen to just about every owner of these amps, or is it rare to have it happen?

mmmmm.. bass.RD Audio

i have not had the 800a2, but i have had the 400a4 and it was my first amp i ever owned and it was a great amp, until i messed it up, but it was not the amps fault for the failure. The RF amps that had the fire problems were the Type RF series a lil later on. I have seen birth sheets of the 800a2 putting out a lil over 1000watts rms, so imo it would be a great sub amp.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

man that amp is a beast, i had mine for over 4 years. i can say this though, she'd be so hot you couldn't touch her and she'd keep right on going

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module