rumproast789 Posted April 22, 2009 Report Posted April 22, 2009 Alright, it's not mine but I would still like to know. The sub is wired in parallel (i belive) to .7 ohm, it's a dual 1.4 ohm. It has been sent a clipped signal but not for very long/ not with too much power but a decent amount say 500-1000 watts. It reads off .9 ohm off a dmm, where as originally it was .7 ohm. Does it need a recone? or is it not going to be much of a problem? 2002 ford explorer 200 amp rewound alt single 18" Fi btl fully loaded 2 1750's 2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts 2 ought wiring cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693
Boon Posted April 22, 2009 Report Posted April 22, 2009 Did you actually measure it as reading 0.7 originally or did you just assume that's what it was? If I read my Dual 1.5's (in parallel) with my crappy multimeter I get 1.1 ohms... 10.x volts fo' life!
RamenNoodles Posted April 22, 2009 Report Posted April 22, 2009 dual 1.4 is essentially a dual 2 ohm coil. Your .7 ohm is essentially a 1 ohm final load. I think you should be just fine. Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
rumproast789 Posted April 22, 2009 Author Report Posted April 22, 2009 dual 1.4 is essentially a dual 2 ohm coil. Your .7 ohm is essentially a 1 ohm final load. I think you should be just fine. Yeah, I remember you saying that, but I wasn't sure if it would affect the final load. I got .7 the first time I tested it for him. But IDK I will go out and test it later today after school, It was kinda weird when I was testing it, I can't explain it but it seemed like it was just reading at a different setting than I thought it used to. 2002 ford explorer 200 amp rewound alt single 18" Fi btl fully loaded 2 1750's 2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts 2 ought wiring cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.