Active Or Passive Crossover

Zooyork2Sincity

I need help first choosing between a Active Crossover or a Passive I have a Xtant 603X and its only a 3 channel amp with two passive speaker outputs

I have my mids and highs connected and the mono output is controlling my center channel

I need help choosing a Active or Passive Crossover

After that what brands and what would you all suggest I look out for any help will be great..

Thanks in advance

1999 - 2Door Chevy Tahoe

Kenwood KVT 915-DVD II 15” RE XXX (Fi Recone) II Components/ Center channel: Seas Audio, ScanSpea&k Dayton Reference II

Amp’s: Xtant – 603 & 1001 Chipped & Tuned II

Misc. Team PowerMaster Batt Cell, Xstatic 2000 Batcap, Street wires Zero Oxygen RCA Cables, 0 Gauge through out II Security Clifford Intelliguard 770

If you can properly configure your amp to do a active setup, I would definatly do it. I had cdt components and when i went from passive to active recently, its a worlds difference. CDT EX crossovers I like a lot.

With an active setup, i've used audiocontrol 3 way active crossovers, and in another setup I used the sundown 100.4 to actively bandpass the midranges which worked out pretty good.

I'm currently doing an install with the RF 360.2, it seems like a hell of a badass peice. We'll see..

Are you doing 2 way or 3 way... what kind of speakers?

I need help first choosing between a Active Crossover or a Passive I have a Xtant 603X and its only a 3 channel amp with two passive speaker outputs

I have my mids and highs connected and the mono output is controlling my center channel

I need help choosing a Active or Passive Crossover

After that what brands and what would you all suggest I look out for any help will be great..

Thanks in advance

To break it down for you I have two SEAS Audio silk done tweeters and two Scanspeak mids the same ones they use to make the Alpine FI components. I have a Xtant 603X were you can adjust the sips which are crossover points I called xtant for there help but they can only do so much.

When hooking up the Xtant I also had a module that made it from a 3 channel to a 5 channel.

It's truly a 3 channel amp with a separate mono output. 2 total and 1 mono channels then when you hook up the modular it make an additional 2 channels passive off the main channels just at a slightly lower volume.

this is what I had hooked up the mids connected to the two channels then the tweeters hooked up to the passive module and the mono is hooked up to the center channel my Kenwood is a KVT 915DVD with a center channel output issue I have is whatever adjustments I make to the crossover points on the amp for my mids will happen to the tweets and they will blow again

originally I was looking at the specs on the 604 were this would have worked and no one I know knows enough about Xtant amps so its difficult the only person in my area intelligent enough is Scott at Fi and I dont want to bother him to much with all he has going plus I need to learn as much as I can you guys are great

channel I am usi9ng it to con

If you can properly configure your amp to do a active setup, I would definatly do it. I had cdt components and when i went from passive to active recently, its a worlds difference. CDT EX crossovers I like a lot.

With an active setup, i've used audiocontrol 3 way active crossovers, and in another setup I used the sundown 100.4 to actively bandpass the midranges which worked out pretty good.

I'm currently doing an install with the RF 360.2, it seems like a hell of a badass peice. We'll see..

Are you doing 2 way or 3 way... what kind of speakers?

1999 - 2Door Chevy Tahoe

Kenwood KVT 915-DVD II 15” RE XXX (Fi Recone) II Components/ Center channel: Seas Audio, ScanSpea&k Dayton Reference II

Amp’s: Xtant – 603 & 1001 Chipped & Tuned II

Misc. Team PowerMaster Batt Cell, Xstatic 2000 Batcap, Street wires Zero Oxygen RCA Cables, 0 Gauge through out II Security Clifford Intelliguard 770

Archived