Meca Questions

There is a couple MECA shows coming up in May and June, one of which is in the town I live. I'm definitely gonna be hitting these up as I've never competed. Looking at the MECA site, the only thing that really interests me is the drive by spl. I just have a loud daily driver. Do systems in MECA have to be fused a certain way, or can I just run what I have? I wouldn't mind doing the spl as well, but not if I have to change a bunch of stuff. I'm not even sure what class I would be in.

The shop that is putting the show on actually has a termlab (very suprising) and they agreed to let me do some testing if I join MECA. The shop also told me the president of MECA will be there doing the judging, they made this sound like a big deal. I've never heard of the guy before, only Wayne and Ralph from dbdrag and usaci.

Car audio is pretty much dead in this area, so I don't expect to see that many people there, even though it is a 3x. I just want to get that 150, legal or outlaw it don't matter to me. :hairtrick:

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

Dude I tried MECA and unless they showed on my door step to do a comp I would never run one of their again. Here's the basic skinny. They sound great take total fuse and multiply by 10 the add to cone surface area right.........Not quite, Say you run a 6000 - 8000 watt system run around 250-300 amp fuse. times 10 2500-3500 right? Well what they'll actually do is in that system run a 50 amp fuse, yes 50 amp. You'll blow it but oh well you'll get at least 3 seconds, that is what the judge told me. I was like WTF that is freakin retarded. Oh and fuses have to be within 18 inches of amps not under hood. Which is fine just preparing you. All measurements are in the passenger seat at head rest, not bad closer to legal. I just was floored by the fuse issue and couldn;t belive what the judge told me. :huh:

Team Soundstream

Team Optima

Team HK

2 Soundstream SPLX-152HX

2 Soundtsream TRX2000D

1 Soundstream RUB4.600

4 Soundstream SST65

4 Soundstream TWS.3

1 Soundstream S-Cell400

1 Soundstream Power Plant

1 Soundstream BX-15

1 VMAX CT1900

2 Optima Yellow Top D34/78

1 Kenwood KDC-X493

depending on your setup that will determine what class your in they put you in class by fuse pretty much and the power your running. On your fuse question you have to run one 16in from the amp but if you don't run one by the amp they will just put your in the 5th class.

Street/ cars subs in trunk, Trucks ext = below the back glass and the box cant go past the side doors, Trucks crew cab you have to keep the back seat in and its the same on glass and doors, SUV below the glass lines with 5th row in. No mods except 2 layers of damping material on the roof only if you have it else were just don't say anything. If you have any fiberglass anywhere besides the box you go straight to mod. I don't think you should have to worry about X or R class. You can run all the batteries you want

The name of the game is who can run the smallest fuse unless your in the 5th class.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

Yeah my amp is not fused in the back. Don't plan on adding one or two for the memphis. Been running it this way for two years now. At least ill get to play with a termlab at the shop.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

If you aren't concerned about fusing or wanting to seriously compete in MECA, they'll probably just put you in S5.

Just go and have fun.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Dude I tried MECA and unless they showed on my door step to do a comp I would never run one of their again. Here's the basic skinny. They sound great take total fuse and multiply by 10 the add to cone surface area right.........Not quite, Say you run a 6000 - 8000 watt system run around 250-300 amp fuse. times 10 2500-3500 right? Well what they'll actually do is in that system run a 50 amp fuse, yes 50 amp. You'll blow it but oh well you'll get at least 3 seconds, that is what the judge told me. I was like WTF that is freakin retarded. Oh and fuses have to be within 18 inches of amps not under hood. Which is fine just preparing you. All measurements are in the passenger seat at head rest, not bad closer to legal. I just was floored by the fuse issue and couldn;t belive what the judge told me. :huh:

knowing how to use the fuse rule is just like yall's cheater amps???

knowing how to use the fuse rule is just like yall's cheater amps???

If you aren't concerned about fusing or wanting to seriously compete in MECA, they'll probably just put you in S5.

Just go and have fun.

That is my plan. I'll probably just do the 'drive by spl' at the show(s). Hoping to be a crowd pleaser, not too many big systems around here, hopefully a few more at the show.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3